PDA

View Full Version : New SAA A319 leaves ACCRA for JHB

Gunship
28th Jan 2005, 18:12
For the Spotters out there.

A319 deliverd to SAA left ACCRA today at 1510 GMT.

ZS-SFI is on it 's delivery flight and I pressume would land around 2100 in SA.

Capt Geoff Pretorius, Johann and oom Boet is in charge up front.

Tx for a great nite guys :D

I have photo's on the hard stand and taxing out, for those interested. :ok:

Goffel
28th Jan 2005, 19:43
Gunzz's.

I just hope your camera has auto focus and does not rely on manual focus...........::cool:

Goffel...STILL by the sea.:E

Gunship
28th Jan 2005, 21:54
Lo Goffel,

The pics came out a bit dark but will make it ;)
I was on duty - so they where "in focus" :E

Take care and enjoy the sea mate

Gunzzz

SAA\'s new Airbus plane on way
28/01/2005 13:17 - (SA)

Johannesburg - South African Airways (SAA) on Friday took delivery of its latest new Airbus jet, a twin-engined 120-seat Airbus A319, expanding its modern, economical new domestic and regional fleet.

The airliner took off at 07:55 on Friday morning from Airbus\' Finkenwerder facility near Hamburg, Germany, on its delivery flight.

It is expected to land in Johannesburg on Friday evening.

This is the sixth of 11 A319s ordered by SAA as part of a comprehensive fleet renewal package addressing the airline\'s domestic, regional, inter-continental and ultra-long haul fleets with the acquisition of A320 Family and A340 Family jetliners.

SAA CE Khaya Ngqula said: "The delivery of the A319s enables SAA to sustain the pace of its modernisation programme. While their addition to our fleet enhances our product and market appeal, these modern, efficient Airbus planes are also generating significant operational cost savings which support our strategy to restore SAA\'s profitability.

"We are delighted with the close working relationship that has been forged between SAA and Airbus, and look forward to a long and fruitful partnership."

With the introduction of A319 services, SAA has become the first airline in southern Africa to operate both Airbus widebody and single-aisle aircraft, all of which use advanced structural materials, state-of-the-art aerodynamic designs and ultra-efficient engines.

In addition, they share common cockpit layouts, similar handling characteristics and a large degree of common operating systems and components.

These ingredients combine in a diet which significantly reduces airline operating, training and maintenance costs.

Airbus has delivered more than 3 600 aircraft to some 260 customers and operators worldwide.

Airbus is a global company with design and manufacturing facilities in France, Germany, the UK and Spain, as well as subsidiaries in the US, China and Japan. Headquartered in Toulouse, France, Airbus is an EADS joint company with BAE Systems.

Gunship
30th Jan 2005, 16:00
here we go ... as promised ... the pictures :D

http://www.africansouth.co.uk/album/albums/userpics/10020/normal_DSC06537.JPG

http://www.africansouth.co.uk/album/albums/userpics/10020/normal_DSC06538.JPG

http://www.africansouth.co.uk/album/albums/userpics/10020/normal_DSC06539~0.JPG

fluffyfan
3rd Feb 2005, 19:58
Give me the 737-800 any day, they can keep the Airbus, the new name for it.........Barbie-Jet.

Hey Gof how's the course going my mate?......Rocky