PDA

View Full Version : Flying tits over the 'stan!

Training Risky
28th Jan 2005, 13:55
Flying tits over the 'stan!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005041732,00.html

TOP Guns in the RAF’s oldest squadron have named six of their jets after gorgeous Sun Page 3 girls.

Crews of No 1 (Fighter) Squadron are flying sorties over Afghanistan in Harriers with the girls’ names emblazoned proudly on the nose cones.

Good On Ya!

Purr Harder
28th Jan 2005, 13:58
But how long untill somone plays the sexist non PC card and the Sqn are made to paint them out? :{

hyd3failure
28th Jan 2005, 13:58
Particularly after the RN banned Page 3 from messdecks.

Hmmm, wonder what the atmosphere in Main Building is like today?

BootFlap
28th Jan 2005, 14:16
So they have names painted on them, it's not like they are flying around with a huge pair of t!ts emblazoned over the nose?

(And yes, I do realise that I have set someone up for the return line!)

Well done lads! :p

Slow-Rider
28th Jan 2005, 14:24
Well in the interests of PCness I think some aircraft should have male names such as "Brad" or "Jude".

I'd love to see their faces having to take "Brad" for a poke about in.

VoicesFromTheCreche
28th Jan 2005, 14:29
It is traditional to name vessels and aircraft after women - and long may that stand.

:ok:

Mobile Muppet
28th Jan 2005, 14:39
After all the trouble the scum reporters have caused the RAF over the last few months, i'm surprised the guys had the time of day for them.

beerdrinker
28th Jan 2005, 15:48
I suppose the RN pilots who are part of the Joint Force Harrier on 1 Sqdn are not allowed to fly these marked Harriers:D:D

Lafyar Cokov
28th Jan 2005, 17:09
I hear 28 Sqn are already painting 'Boy of the Week's' names on the side of their kites!

airborne_artist
28th Jan 2005, 19:25
It is traditional to name vessels and aircraft after women - and long may that stand.

And until the age of steel battleships (about the time Beagle joined the RFC) there were some very fine and buxom bowsprits!

BEagle
28th Jan 2005, 19:28
Barsteward!

Never did trust the concept of dreadnoughts......

dogstar2
28th Jan 2005, 19:32
And why not? There are too many people taking life too seriously in our higher ranks. They need to learn that no-one is being sexist, they are just having a laugh. Leave them to it and they will remember their time in the RAF as the best time of their lives. Hassle them and morale plummets and people leave - Its just a bit of fun. Senior bods, some advice if you are reading, let this one drift away with the next repaint.

rivetjoint
28th Jan 2005, 19:59
I still don't understand how something that drops bombs can be nice and pink and fluffy, maybe some tesco carrier bags around the bombs next so they don't look offensive to Jo Public?