PDA

View Full Version : March 31st

water check
25th Mar 2001, 23:33
.....just read the thread regarding the employment of Malaysians. I have had it. This truly is the last straw. We must show this management that we have had enough. Every one of us must take action at the end of this month. If you are flying on the 31st, over the 31st, or a day or two either side of the 31st.......DON'T! Let them explain to the HK Government (who have our management on notice I might add) why hundreds of flights cancelled. See your doctor, and explain that you haven't been sleeping properly, are feeling nausious, experiencing 'tummy trouble' and feel dehydrated and feeling weak and faint.....as I am! (of course, I am only suggesting this if indeed they ARE they symptoms you are suffering from... :) ) This management is in full flight panic. Help push them over the edge.

spannersatcx
26th Mar 2001, 14:35
Sorry but what is the significance of the 31st March?

18weeler
28th Mar 2001, 22:10
I know that the 1st of april is the 8th anniversary of the BEE-scale! Why dont we celebrate that!!
Who's sick and f#%king tired of going to work for 40% less than your colleagues doing the same job!
Lets go B-scalers, especially you S/O's!!

HotDog
1st Apr 2001, 17:34
18wheeler, I have no axe to grind, being in retirement. I understand your ire but Cathay has been very good to me. Just one question; what did the contract say that you signed when you accepted the job? You guys sound like the people who buy property on the approach path and subsequently complain about aircraft noise. (I'm standing by for the flack!) Cheers, HotDog.

[This message has been edited by HotDog (edited 01 April 2001).]

fossil fuel
1st Apr 2001, 20:29
Hotdog,
I find your comments amusing coming from someone who used to turn fuel pumps on and off for about 10 times what most F/E's around the world were getting paid. Your point is very old and boring. May I suggest that instead of attacking your fellow colleauges, maybe you could support our efforts to try and improve our pathetic conditions. Thanks.

GK
2nd Apr 2001, 03:26
Hotdog worked for ASL, too.

HotDog
2nd Apr 2001, 07:11
Fossil fuel, I'm not attacking anyone. I just made a fairly obvious observation of human character; but you sound as though you haven't had the experience of flying with flight engineers?

BusAce
2nd Apr 2001, 17:15
I agree entirely with hotdog, and I am not retired. So what if the company employ Malaysians or French, or australians. Grow up for goodness sake. As far as the remark "HotDog worked for ASL" well this sums up how childish you are.
It might be good idea if the originator of this topic has had enough, maybe he will leave, and improve the IQ around here a little.
Fight this only if it is affecting YOUR job directly.

BusyB
2nd Apr 2001, 17:26
BusAce, I assume you mean "think of yourself, don't worry about anyone else"!!!

BlunderBus
3rd Apr 2001, 21:54
Hotdog....I have had the pleasure of flying with many F/e's in CX. and if you were anywhere close to being representative of that group of fine individuals perhaps you could describe for everyone on this forum the exemplary manner in which CX dispensed with their services.....NOT!!!!Cx employees (pre 1993)no longer with us who have not experienced the wrath of the jellybean-counters really do not have a relevant handle on the current state of affairs!No one is disputing the years when employees meant something to cathay....just the years when they obviously come a distant second to obscene profits...almost 10 X more per a/c than any other airline!...and if we hadn't contained costs we'd be struggling to break even!!!!...get a grip!!!!!

BusAce
4th Apr 2001, 13:10
Can some one explain why is it bad news that CX is recruiting in Malasya?
Would this not improve our lifestyle by working less hours? Or do you want to work hard and whinge because you're fatigued because of pilot shortage. Be sensible and optimistic that this IS good news.

BOLTER
4th Apr 2001, 13:30
BusAce is right I'm certainly working a lot less since they introduced ASL.....NOT

indeepsht
4th Apr 2001, 13:31
Busace...... Your a fool!

GK
5th Apr 2001, 03:30
BusAce: When you get 3 more stripes, and a lot more brains, maybe we can talk.

HotDog
5th Apr 2001, 07:25
The Malaysians are being implored and warned no to accept the offer of employment with CX. If the people had not accepted the job offer on B scale terms so eagerly, there wouldn't be any B scales to-day. So, wake up and smell the coffee!

GK
6th Apr 2001, 04:08
HotDog:

You are complaining about people eagerly accepting B-scale jobs, so tell us, were you on A-scale when you worked for AHK after retirement from CX?

[This message has been edited by GK (edited 06 April 2001).]

Lanzor
6th Apr 2001, 05:59
Gentlemen,
I've read most of the hot replies to the CX related threads and it stikes me that we're playing into managements' hand. If there is one thing we should not be doing it's slagging each other. To blame 'B scalers' for accepting the first B scale contracts, and new joiners for signing the present ones, or Malasian pilots for wanting to accept the latest hairbrained scheme is not the way to go.

Its fairly obvious that people will accept jobs paying better than their present ones, its up to us and the AOA to make sure that those jobs are not offered. It's us who must put our collective foot down and say to management "Hire them under those conditions and the rest of us won't fly". The whole purpose of the B scale and ASL and this latest cunning stunt is to divide and rule - don't let it happen.

Let's also stop passing the buck around as to who's responsibility it is to do something about our problems. An S/O cannot refuse to fly in a crew with two S/O's, he has no contractual ground to do so. Only the captain of a flight can make that decision, but the rest of the crew can and should support him and voice their concerns.

It's fairly obvious that a captain has the most influence to make the company see the error of it's ways, however the senior 'A scalers' also have the most to lose and therefore need the support of the rest of us. Forget for a moment who's on which contract and lets all fight together to try and get us all back on the same one. The "A" one.

HotDog
6th Apr 2001, 09:56
GK, as you seem to know my identity, you would also be aware that I did not join ASL but AHK which consequently was taken over by ASL. You should also know that AHK salary was far better than ASL paid us after the takeover. Although AHK salary was nowhere near A scale, it wasn't the money I joined for but to stay in aviation. Furthermore, I never complained about AHK or ASL salary as I joined with my eyes open and accepted what was the only way I could continue to enjoy my passion of flying at my age. I have no idea who you are so don't know your age or circumstances but you may well have similar leanings when you get to retirement age. Peace be with you, HD.