PDA

View Full Version : 185 kts @ SOKOE

berley_boy
2nd Feb 2001, 04:07
Can anyone tell me if the arrow with MAX IAS 185 KT pointing to SOKOE on the ILS charts for 07L/R in Hong Kong is a max speed from that point onwards or something else? I have heard a lot of different theories on this one.

Midnight Rambler
2nd Feb 2001, 04:27
It is pretty much what it says, ie. if you are flying the procedure,185kts Max at SOKOE. You would be unlikely to accelerate between there and landing.

Under radar control and receiving vectors you will normally have a speed restriction which may or may not be greater than 185kts at SOKOE.

Thrust
2nd Feb 2001, 07:16
As if the FL130 / 250Kt restrictions don't drag out the whole approach anyway we have this 185Kt rubbish miles from the threshold.

As said previously it's only applicable when on a managed approach. I'd still ask of the controller to have the restriction removed for a more sensible speed.

I believe I read something about it in a recent crews news in the Operations section. It seem's to fit in nicely with our soon to be new SOP's to cater for the lowest common denominator in CX.

berley_boy
4th Feb 2001, 08:08
Thrust you're correct! Since I posted the initial thread I have been in contact with a guy from HKG Approach and he confirmed what you said. It only applies when they are conducting procedural approaches.
Thanks for your help. Cheers.