PDA

View Full Version : Somebody stole my megahertz!

Binoculars
28th Jan 2005, 07:26
I have a 900 Celeron CPU. It's been a 900 Celeron since I got it two or three years ago, and I assumed it still was. But I just ran a Belarc test on it and it says it's a 600Mhz Celeron. Que? I asked Sis Sandra to do the same test and it came up with the same result. Yes, it definitely used to be 900Mhz, I wasn't ripped off.

Should I fill out a stolen property report? :confused: :confused: If someone found 300Mhz, how would I prove they were mine? What's going on???

:uhoh: :uhoh:

Avtrician
28th Jan 2005, 08:01
Youve had your megahertz stolen, and now I find that my Kilocycle has a flat!!!!!

Sorry, Ill just get my hat , coat and get back on me bike

:hmm:

ORAC
28th Jan 2005, 11:02
Check your CPU is running at the correct bus speed, should it be 66.6Mhz or 100Mhz? Then check which it is actually running at on your motherboard. Something might have caused the setting to change to the slower speed if selection is set to automatic.

Binoculars
28th Jan 2005, 12:01
Think you may be on the right track there, ORAC, though in my small town buses of any sort are few and far between so they all tend to look the same. :rolleyes:

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. TUSI-M REV 1.xx
Bus Clock: 66 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software, Inc. ASUS TUSI-M ACPI BIOS Revision 1011 10/15/2001

The figures match up so nicely that I assume you're right. So how do I get back to the original, umm, thingy? :confused:

ORAC
28th Jan 2005, 14:32
Go into the BIOS (press DEL whilst it is booting).

Go to the Advanced menu (see here (http://www.asuscom.de/pub/ASUS/mb/sock370/sis630et/tusi-m/tusim-100.pdf) section 4.4) and set it to manual and 100Mhz. Don't worry, as the manual says, if you do it wrong, it will boot up in safe mode any way.

Then save and exit.

(Intel Celeron 900MHz / Socket FC-PGA / 100MHz FSB / 128KB L2 Cache)

Binoculars
29th Jan 2005, 03:49
Whale Oil Beef Hooked, it worked!

Megahertz returned anonymously and restored to trusty Celeron, stolen goods report cancelled, normal operations resumed.

Thank you, kind sir! :ok:

ORAC
29th Jan 2005, 06:23
Now get them chipped, so if it happens again you can track them down. Well it works for pets..... :} :D