PDA

View Full Version : Air Atlanta Europe vs European Aviation

Flying Wigster
28th Jan 2005, 05:51
Hi everyone,

I have been offered F/O positions at European Aviation Air Charter on the B737-200 and Air Atlanta Europe on the B757, I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on the differences between working for these two companies.

thx

Flying Wigster

abra
28th Jan 2005, 08:31
Check your pms..

jose hemanus
28th Jan 2005, 12:52
F W- I take it you're not type rated on either acft, so are there any type rating conditions applied to these offers?

Any chance of letting us know you're level of expierence.

Cheers J H

Flying Wigster
28th Jan 2005, 15:47
just over 2000 hours, EAAC pays alot less but pays for the type rating, AAE you have to pay for the type rating but it is done after the contract is signed.

jose hemanus
28th Jan 2005, 17:36
Cheers Wigster,

Everyone I talked to in European (was acouple of years ago!) seemed happy with the company, small but friendly and seemed to be very positive. They have had troubles of which I'm sure you're well aware, but if they type rate and presumably bond you for 2-3 years thats a lot of 737hrs that with a differences course makes a very marketable cv.

Not heard any bad things about AAE, and a 757 rating is a 767 rating which is good if you can put up with Carribean stop overs!
If you can get them to accept a reduced salary for type rating pay back then if it were me, I'd be straight on ebay bidding for the old factor 10!

Congrats on whatever you decide and good luck on the type course- any chance of a pm on the assessment procedures?

Cheers, Jose

Tomtit
28th Jan 2005, 19:58
Wigster,

Are you sure you have actually been offered a position with AAE?