PDA

View Full Version : mam casual - full time positions

belinda6220
28th Jan 2005, 00:09
hi there, wondering what the status of mam casuals applying for full time positions with qf is? have positions been offered/ accepted? how done this affect progressing regional crew?

GalleyHag
28th Jan 2005, 00:56
No positions have been offered as yet, interviews are still being conducted. Initially, these interviews were for positions within short haul BUT this has now been changed to a "Shortlist" just like the current external off the street applicant's being interviewed.

If 32 or more MAM casuals (or other external applicants for that matter) are made permanent during January to June this will trigger the regional progression agreement. For Eastern crew this would be 10 positions.

To achieve the 20 positions per year that Eastern are allocated in the agreement 32 external applicants must be given "permanent" positions within short haul during each six month period being January to June and July to December.

I am only familiar with Eastern in terms of regional progression so I hope this helps.

Lets hope we see some progression this year for far too long in my opinion our regional cousins have been given the short end of the stick from QF on this issue. No consideration was ever given to regionals when QF changed their employment policies which has had a major effect on career progression.

OZcabincrew
22nd Feb 2005, 14:22
Straight from QF HR, the casuals that went for interviews for permanency a month or so ago and are now waiting to see if you got on the shortlist, apparently there is no shortlist being created, meaning there is no one needed to go on one at present. This is due to there being a freeze on any recruitment to do with Qantas, however they are recruiting MAM casuals for the SYD and PER bases. If ANY permanent recruitment is to occur for casuals it won't be until the next financial year.

This is very frustrating considering this was known a couple of weeks ago, but QF didn't/doesn't have the decency to let casuals know ANYTHING! It just makes me laugh how Qantas as a business can somehow seem to forecast years in advance ways to save money etc, yet they put everyone through interviews (some more gruelling than others) and a month later, they decide it isn't going to happen and they don't know when it will in the future, but in the meantime, pile in the casuals! (They can forecast years ahead, but not single months!!!)

There is still a slight glimmer of hope, but it may take longer than expected. I don't mind waiting, but my biggest frustration is that Qantas has no communication skills whatsoever, yet they want to promote communication amongst everyone through cabin crew forums, roadshow's, publications etc, yet they don't practice what they preach!!!!

Oz
:suspect:

QFRegional
22nd Feb 2005, 23:53
When were you personally advised of this information? Was it at a formal meeting or via letter with Qantas HR?

As the information I received personally and directly from the FAAA Sydney office only days ago differs greatly from what you have been told.

OZcabincrew
23rd Feb 2005, 00:20
from speaking to a cabin crew recruitment advisor in HR at QCC the other day.

care to share what the information you received was?