PDA

View Full Version : CX Dial-in

SuperSandwich
22nd Mar 2001, 17:45
Can someone confirm that the the 'Roster&Mayfly' Option in common access is not available??? Or is it just my computer??? If it is not available then how are we supposed to check our rosters??? Other than ringing crew contol, or them ringing us for that matter??

Thanx
SS

jtr
22nd Mar 2001, 18:20
Mine`s out also

Screaming Lord
23rd Mar 2001, 02:53
That's because there is no roster any more .

Checkmate
23rd Mar 2001, 03:36
Remember 1999? Management think the war has started.

cheklapsap
23rd Mar 2001, 05:23
Hasn't it?

SuperSandwich
23rd Mar 2001, 06:13
Cheers guys,

I thought it was the stress getting to me. Maybe the computer system is staring to fall apart now as well.

Regards.

RadioFlyer
23rd Mar 2001, 20:58
SS, it's not your computer; effective yesterday night, there isn't any more checking rosters on the PC -- not yours or anyone else's.

I think things will soon be coming to a head.

Thrust
24th Mar 2001, 05:43
Well, the way I see it is this; There is so much roster instability and so many changes being made to my roster that being unable to check what I am doing and when my duty starts will only lead to confusion and missed duties. I don't have the resource of a secretary to keep me up to date with my changes.

What a company!!??; the problems are getting worse so lets bury our heads in the sand and hope that it goes away. Lets stop pilots from seeing what's going on. Come off it Nick, we are LIVING the problem. Change your stance on rostering practices (because we WON'T approve a move toward your "plucked out of thin air" (read "@rse") position) and FIX IT.

fossil fuel
24th Mar 2001, 06:54
In a way, there are many simalarities between this management and failed communist and dictatorship governments. In the end trying to over-control people and restrict and manipulate information never works. Can you say "DESPERATION"?

HUSTLER
24th Mar 2001, 09:56
Rang Crew Control yesterday to get a phone number of another F/O only to be told that no more phone requests are to be entertained by pilots, when I asked for an explanation I was informed that this is their new policy.

Thrust
24th Mar 2001, 11:05
Our efforts are obviously having an effect on the operation. The words "corporate stress" come to mind. Note that we have just received news of an unsolicited pay rise in the form of an hourly rate. Prince is off the air. Keep up the pressure and we will be able to negotiate from a position of strength to obtain some REAL improvements to our COS.

I pity crew control, they are just the messenger of changes of policy caused by ignorant "management" practices. Lets try to keep our cool when dealing with C.C. I must try to find out some crew information about my next ULH flight. If none is forthcoming the next call is to the HKCAD.

Keep your heads down boys and girls.

[This message has been edited by Thrust (edited 24 March 2001).]

roostertail
24th Mar 2001, 11:29
My roster is perfectly accessable on the "roster & mayfly" service. Why the difference?

Crew Control have just left another message on my answering machine as I type this, wanting me do ANOTHER unrostered trip on a G day. I wish I had a G day for every time that happened!!!

satcom
24th Mar 2001, 13:43
'Roster&Mayfly' has been back.