PDA

View Full Version : cadet pilot

21st Mar 2001, 17:39
hello
Anybody knows if it is possible or not for a person with -8 diopters recruited by CX or KA.
I know CX accept cadet pilot even though he wear glasses.(A CX pilot told me)
I know the recent ICAO CPL standard is +/-3 diopters.But i know ICAO will relax this standard to 6/6 with or without correction in Nov.
I have GFPT standard in AUS and meet CASA medical 1 standard.
If the answer is no, do you have any suggestions?
Also, CX or KA would accept LASIK or ortho-K or not?(ICAO accept LASIK in Nov)
Also, i want to know the medical check procedure especially the eyesight check.
Will CX check your glasses in order to know your glasses' diopters?
Is it possible to memorize the first three lines of Snellen Chart( only 6 letters) when you come into the room?(if you can read the first three lines, you meet the 6/12 standard.)
Thanks a lot.

CX
21st Mar 2001, 19:51
Never Never Never Cheat the system... it is there for a reason... (Right,, thats the Correct thing to say...now then)..On the other hand what you could do is play a little dumb and get your eyes zaped and say that you have always had great vision (who would know!!) if you got it done privately.

What I can tell you is that you are not going to become a cadet pilot with -8...that's a fact. :)

------------------
"Hold your bloody Attitude...."

BigTimeWannabe
21st Mar 2001, 21:35
-8.0 diopters!!!

My eyesight is way less and they didn't even take a second look at me last year!!! In the UK the CAA Class 1 requiremnet is -3.0 diopters if you are under 25. -5.0 diopters if you are over 25 or have an unchanged perscription for at least 3 years.

Good Luck anyway

BTW

SuperSandwich
22nd Mar 2001, 04:07
That is unless u have loads of money, they may take a second look at you.

BigTimeWannabe
22nd Mar 2001, 04:47
Unfortunately money is a luxury most Wannabes don't have!

If I had the cash I would pay for it all myself, and would not need to sound so desperate for a sponsorship.

22nd Mar 2001, 06:04
Thanks for reply.
Is that if you finish CPL and even ATPL theory all by yourself and your eyesight meet the standard, CX or KA will recruit you? I know CASA standard don't have diopters limit.

wishtobeapilot
23rd Mar 2001, 07:58
Anyone of you guys applied for Dragonair's cadet pilot programme? If yes, when did you send it in and did you get a reply yet?

BigTimeWannabe
23rd Mar 2001, 15:32
wishtobeapilot,

I sent mine about a week before the deadline by e-mail (only because I'm in the UK and saw the ad late, therefoer couldn't send it by post because it would have never made it!) I have also had no response from them. I put up a thread about this you should find it if you looked into the last 10 days of this forum.

Cheers

Good luck, hopefully we'll be on the same course!

BTW