PDA

View Full Version : cabine crew interview

jeanmike
27th Jan 2005, 12:20
My Grandaugher has been for interviews (she got though different parts with different airlines, tho, the last one she didnt even get through second stage. she was so nervous after these knock backs.

shes at her last year at college doing travel /lesure tourism course +she has languages.
she has passed first year which enables her the job- shes been told /but doing another year. cos needs to be over 18 anyway.

she thought/she was taking the right path doing this course. she is 18. and has worked various part time jobs/

This is what she wants to do.

Help - can you tel us how to get these jobs any help please,. i have seen courses advertised (£300) is that a way to go. bit nervy of them without knowledge. I would pay this for her if it would help

thanks very much for any help you can give

Granny jean.

redsnail
27th Jan 2005, 13:00
You may get a better response if you post in the Cabin Crew forum. You'll get a lot of advice and help there.

pink flamingo
27th Jan 2005, 17:35
Hi there

I reckon it is just a matter of experience and perseverance.

At her age she may well be quite young however the right experience would help.

To my experience airlines appreciate experience dealing face to face with the general public possibly aviation related. Best option is to get a job at check-in desk then move to cabin crewing. Some courses may well seem worth to do however all airlines have their own training programme.

Jobs either as pilot or cabin crew is very hard to get as there are far more applications than vacancies.

Motivation and perseverance are the main ingredients to enter this business.

Best of luck
PF

P.S. a good book on aviation interview may help.

lscajp
27th Jan 2005, 23:51
jeanmike

check your pm;s

charlie