PDA

View Full Version : skylink interviews

travelbob
27th Jan 2005, 10:50
Hi, has anyone else got an interview at STN on the 10th feb for skylink???

summer*rain
27th Jan 2005, 17:59
Hi travelbob
Ive got an interview on the 2nd of feb,i'll let you know what happens.
Summer :ok:

hasta lueGO
27th Jan 2005, 18:07
How did you guys find out about Skylink? I've not seen any advertising for crew anywhere - I've read a bit about them on here and looked at their (unprofessional) website. All sounds a bit ambitious to me - but i wish them well.

summer*rain
27th Jan 2005, 18:14
You need to check out aviationjobsearch,and flightinternational.x

farflung
28th Jan 2005, 07:04
Does anyone know which destinations, pay, base etc?

Starscream
28th Jan 2005, 13:45
I spoke to someone at Skylink today and he reckoned that it would be several months before they were going anywhere he also said that it would be a couple of months before they made any announcements and was not at liberty to say anymore but he did confirm that flight from the UK would be going to Washington.

Check the very amateur website for more info.

People who are applying: Go by all means but take whatever they say with a pinch of salt and dont pin your hopes on anything. It may well be the next big thing but then again it may be another Blue Fox.

330-Purser
30th Jan 2005, 10:50
Seeing as these guys are a US based carrier, why are they recruiting Cabin Crew in the UK?

Surely with the expense of interviewing, recruiting, training etc then UK based crew can't be that much cheaper than US ones surely?

Something very strange going on with this.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

pinkpyjama
30th Jan 2005, 21:13
I've got an interview with them soon aswell. I too remember Blue Fox and all went quiet after 9/11. Funny how their website still lingers out there to this day.
I'm going with a case of nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'm very happy with my current airline but believe you have to keep your options open.
I do very much agree with others that the website doesn't really inspire confidence. In a way can't believe I'm going but the man on the phone seemed like he might at least be worth going to talk to. Phone interview was kind of err strange put it that way!
I'm very dubious of start up airlines at the moment but let's see what they have in mind.
Good luck to all, it's going to be an experience at least!:)

summer*rain
30th Jan 2005, 21:17
Did everone have a phone interview? because i didn't.x

pinkpyjama
31st Jan 2005, 10:28
Oh! Maybe he was just bored and wanted to have a laugh at my expense:sad:
Seriously though; it all sounded very planned. He wasn't as much talking to me just reading questions from a piece of paper. Nothing heavy, just standard interview stuff or maybe things you'd have to write on an application form.
It was a little unsettling at times as I wasn't expecting it but if any of you have it, don't be put off.
Let's just see what the assesment day has in store shall we ;)

utell
31st Jan 2005, 19:06
I too had a telephone interview.I agree he was reading from a written piece of material which was slightly off-putting. would not give me any information on salary details, which I cannot understand !!!
If anyone attends please post up what happened and any details they feel relevent to share !

farflung
4th Feb 2005, 14:06
So did anyone go for an interview or the open day? What happened? Does it sound any good?

re-starter
5th Feb 2005, 02:02
Hi out there !
Please help me - I cannot open Skylinks webpage :confused:

Thanks

travelbob
10th Feb 2005, 21:31
yes i got the job skylink travel start flying in may how about any one else

farflung
13th Feb 2005, 13:33
So Travelbob, tell us the goss. What is the job lie? Base? Pay? Destinations? Thanks