View Full Version : Colour Vision Test

vicleecy
27th Jan 2005, 07:08
Anyone knows what kind of colour vision test is CX taking?
Will there be a lantern test? or under what circumstances will a lantern test occur?

Thansk buddy!

rintintin
27th Jan 2005, 08:29
They make you do the Edridge-Green lantern test.
:{

vicleecy
27th Jan 2005, 12:12
Thanks for the reply mate! :)

So, under what situation will the doctor send me to the lantern test? Can't read the Ishihara chart? If so, one or all charts? AS I know, people with a light version of colour deficiency would already be unable to perform the IShihara chart, so blessing that CX will give me a chance.

Thanks for answering!

Altyre
29th Jan 2005, 17:06
I don't know what the lantern test is but I just did my medical with them for my final interview. They make you read numbers from a booklet with colored spots

jacobus
30th Jan 2005, 00:56
They are extremely strict on the initial medical with both the Edridge-Green and Isiahara tests used. If you are marginal they will ask you to attend an opthalmologist at you own expense back home and forward a report...however, as with all CX interviews the doc is very often the final arbiter in a number of cases...It's quite a hard medical to pass..by the same token it's a fairly hard medical to lose (once your in)...hence the initial high standard.:D

Hawk
30th Jan 2005, 04:14
vicleecy, thread from Medical and Health forum might be helpful, not specific to cx, but discusses lantern tests and some general stuff on color vision.
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129882&highlight=colour+vision
cheers
Hawk

Arrowhead
28th Feb 2005, 10:43
FYI I have your problem (lantern test, not Ishihara), and the Air Macau doctor was fine, so long as you had passed the lantern test somewhere else.

vicleecy
1st Mar 2005, 02:40
thanks much for your reply....
it comformts me a lot

so to confirm one, if I CAN PASS the lantern test in CX, I am fine.

PUDDY
2nd Mar 2005, 12:29
I was very worried about this when I went for my second interview.
Let me put it to you this way, I have had a problem with the Colour Blindness test with the #'s all my life. To the extent that if you put a gun to my head and said read them, I would just say shoot.

During my second interview, I was given the same test and of course I didn't do well. The dusted off the old Lantern for me and I passed it.

Just about to get checked to line!

Hope this puts you to ease, it was a stressful point for me too.

vicleecy
3rd Mar 2005, 04:04
Thanks a lot PUDDY!!

Your posts really eases my a lot! and I am glad to hear you are checking into line.

Right now I am waiting for a medical check call after my 2nd interview. Have been waiting for a week but still no letter(good!) and no call as well (bad)....a bit nervous, don't know what's going around as some candidates are receiving the call.

Anyway, thanks much and I appreciate it much!

PUDDY
5th Mar 2005, 02:25
No news is good news, it only takes 2 seconds to say no.
I had to wait 6 weeks, it drove me insane!
Keep positive!

Wizofoz
5th Mar 2005, 10:23
Heres one to practice on.

Colour Vision Test (http://www.liquidgeneration.com/sabotage/vision_sabotage.asp)

Howard Hughes
5th Mar 2005, 21:45
Thanks Wiz,

My eye sight is fine, it's only my heart I have to worry about now!!;)

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

A333
7th Mar 2005, 10:13
Good one Howard Hughes, that one kept me laughing for a while! :}

If that test was a real colour vision test, my eyesight is fine.

PedroUSB
12th Mar 2005, 14:15
Puddy I left you a PM.

But anyways, could you delve more into your experience of having a lantern test and then checking into line?

I find these kind of success posts hugely interesting. See I want that to happen to me because neither I can see the darn dot numbers!

"Cheking into line"... Congrats!