PDA

View Full Version : UK Charter Companies on Standby???

Four Holer Roller
17th Dec 2000, 21:09
I am reliably informed that at least one major UK Charter Company has Aircraft/Crew on Standby for a possible short notice detachment to Hong Kong.
Since we have, to my knowledge, NEVER mentioned strike action, is this to cover a total melt down in the already shambolic crewing situation, or do CX have something more sinister in mind?

Gentlemen, please walk softly (but carry a big stick!).

New China Driver
17th Dec 2000, 21:23
Would any of our colleagues in the UK Charter scene care to verify?

jumpseat
18th Dec 2000, 04:27
check out the general rumours forum

NOFAULT
18th Dec 2000, 04:56
THAI AIRWAYS PILOTS HAVE BEEN TOLD TO STANDBY AND IN SOME CASES LEAVE CANCELLED.

PPRuNe Towers
18th Dec 2000, 19:10
I'm afraid there is at least one major UK charter company trying to get aircraft and crews out to replace CX aircraft on services.

The AOA really should be working with BALPA to get the word out. While I realise that there's no sanctioned AOA action occuring your officers should be aware that the charter companies are taking this a green light to sent anything they can out to the Far East.

------------------
Regards from the Towers

[email protected]

Martini
18th Dec 2000, 19:23
A Manchester based DC10-30 believed to be on standby

bonvol
19th Dec 2000, 01:46
None of this should be any suprise. The use of charter outfits to fill holes in any industrial dispute has plenty of precedents. You can rest assured that BALPA will be totally impotent to stop them too. The moment CX want them they will be there in droves. Charter pilots just do as they are told so never be under any illusion that they will refuse to do it. Feel sorry for you blokes as this has the potential to be very nasty.

sigma
19th Dec 2000, 03:02
I'm from Manchester, I think its Airtours but I'll check it out.

OC41
20th Dec 2000, 00:27
Airtours, JMC, Corseair 747 at least.
Called off today guess CX management not prepared to put pen to contract as long way to send an aircraft for nothing.
Rumour also had it was down to a Cabin Crew strike so F Nose whats going on out in HKG.

Nice end to 2000 for all concerned.

Chilli Source
20th Dec 2000, 01:40
Sigma.

I believe you refer to the Airtours DC10,G-TAOS, (otherwise known as G-Chaos). Was already pencilled in for CX KUL/PEN sectors from 21st onwards.....

Chilli Source

sigma
20th Dec 2000, 02:54
Thanks Chilli, yes it is that DC-10.
Regards
Ken