PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on salary

fly888
26th Jan 2005, 12:09
HI there,
I am trying to decide whether to go back to the airline I worked for last year where the basic salary was £11,500 or whether to go to Britannia.

I would like to go to Britannia, but can only do this if I can survive on the salary as the mortage on the house is quite large! Can anyone tell me the basic salary for Britannia (last year it was £9201 I think). I read on an old thread that there are certain targets to achieve before you get 8% commission - does this still apply. Also does anyone know the flight allowance as well? I would really be grateful for any up to date information you can give me which would help me make the right decision by my family!

Thanks!:rolleyes:

crew110
27th Jan 2005, 22:45
Hi
I am in a similar situation to you and would also like to know the salary for Britannia? I know that first choice is around £10,200 this year with 8% commission. Can anyone out there help us?

Thanks!

richxby
29th Jan 2005, 21:33
Well, make your own mind up, most airlines probably about similar pay these days I think.

Britannia Mainline is about £9500 basic for new entrant initials, rising slightly each year. As well as £2.67 hour duty pay, report to 45 mins after chocks I think, the same for any trips (+allowances). Then 4.25% basic commission as well as bonus commission.

Hope that helps, not the best pay I'm sure but not the worst I know :-)