PDA

View Full Version : MK and Oostende

Jes
26th Jan 2005, 11:17
It looks as though MK has lost some of its UK supermarket traffic since it switched to OST from Manston, as the number of flights in has been reduced. AIN are now more frequent visitors to MSE.

Does anyone have any facts, rather than my assumptions?

Hangin' on
26th Jan 2005, 14:27
As long as this bunch of clowns are no longer associated with the UK aviation scene, who cares? Hopefully we'll never see them again.:*

Fried_Chicken
26th Jan 2005, 17:11
Doesn't look like your wish will be granted Hangin' on, theres an MK flight due into East Mids tonight from Cairo

Fried Chicken

Coleman Myers
30th Jan 2005, 17:34
That "bunch of clowns" employ a large number of British people who appear happy with MK's UK connection ... operations still very much controlled out of the UK (95% by British employees) and maintenance has a large "Brit" contingent.

As for supermarket traffic ... I saw three fully laden MK aircraft leave NBO on behalf of HOMEGROWN (Kenya's biggest supplier to the UK) in the last two days - I doubt they were carrying a big top and trapeze !.

thrax
25th Feb 2005, 20:18
MK have increased their traffic into the UK by 35% since leaving the MSE. The OST operation continues to be alarming succesful.
MK are happy for African Int to operate in MSE with perishable cargo while it suits them, in fact they almost encourage it.