PDA

View Full Version : what makes intercom microphones inoperative?

pa42
26th Jan 2005, 08:26
Some of our headsets work fine with hot-mike switch ON (both pilots can talk same time). Other headset microphones become inaudible as soon as both microphones activated.

Have too few headsets to sort out which microphone designs have a problem (if that's even the issue), and most of them aren't marked as to internal design (electret/condenser/dynamic/carbon). So when buying more headsets we can't figure out in advance which models to order, or which ones on ebay to go after.

One headset factory suggested the individual helicopters have incorrect standard wiring (common drain resistor for multiple microphones instead of individual drain resistors) but won't reveal commonality of the headsets that work fine in such aircraft--and we can't really be requiring owners to rewire their helicopters just so our pilots' headphones will work in them!!

Someplace out there must be an avionics buff who knows why this occurs.

Ideas?

Johe02
26th Jan 2005, 18:27
I bought mine years ago from here (http://www.headsetservices.com/home.html) they offered me a small circuit board which I fitted in one of the cans to make them work between R22 and R44. .

Does this help?

:8