PDA

View Full Version : Huge monitors

Loose rivets
26th Jan 2005, 04:36
Hi, having bid for a refurbished HP fully loaded, for less than half the price of the bits, I was so pleased with the result that I'm tempted to buy an NEC 22" mod 13xx i think. $139, BUT the carriage is $71 !! This tilts it over the price that i wanted to pay, but it's a lot of monitor.

However, when i was in the buiz, the world patent on Trinitron technology came to an end, and DiamondTron was made by Mitsubishi. The result was disastrous. The world renowned Eizo lost many of its customers, including me, cos of the moire-patterns which were not evident on the Sony tube.

The question is, does anyone have any experience of the later big tubes by Mitsubishi? They say that this is one of the improved perfectly flat tubes. It sounds great, but i have never seen one.

under_exposed
26th Jan 2005, 08:06
I have a 25" Sony monitor you could buy from me, but at approx. 50kg the postage on that may be a bit high. :D

Fat Dog
26th Jan 2005, 09:03
Well slightly off topic but...

Up till recently had a Iiyama 19" with a very similar tube to Mitsubishi - just replaced it with a Hyundai ImageQuest L90D+:

It's SO much better than any CRT I've ever seen - OK not cheap but IMHO worth it.

Regards
Fat Dog

Edit: Sorry, that is a direct link to a highly commercial computer outlet and is not allowed.

Loose rivets
27th Jan 2005, 04:40
Yea, I've got a Sony in a box, in a container, in a warehouse in the UK Where it will probably stay until I have rusted away. Trouble is, I'm here....well not that that's a trouble at this time of year. Blue skies and 80 f today. :D

I just can't quite commit to a flat screen yet. Just an age thing I suppose. Do you really think the picture compares with Trinitron technology? but, I will look at the one you mentioned. LR

tony draper
27th Jan 2005, 11:22
I have 21 inch Mitsubishi Diamond pro 300u,tiz beautiful, unfortunatly tiz also in a hundred bits on me workbench and has been so for the last six months,Transfomer went and I can't find a new one.
:(