PDA

View Full Version : Australia Day = suspension of hostilities :)

Woomera
26th Jan 2005, 01:34
Australia you're standing in it cobbers. :D :D :D :D

Wouldn't it be good if we had a day just celebrating being in one of the best countries in the world.

Perfect it ain't but in Third Rock from the Sun terms it's as near as damn it to.

Happy Australia Day to you all.:D :) :) :) :) :ok:

The Other Half
26th Jan 2005, 01:36
Happy Australia Day!

Howard Hughes
26th Jan 2005, 04:44
Australians all let us rejoice......

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

OzExpat
26th Jan 2005, 07:00
To those of you who had a public holiday today, good luck to ya and I hope ya had a beer for the rest of us! :D

Happy "Oz Day" mates! :ok:

Pinky the pilot
26th Jan 2005, 08:25
It may have been a public holiday here today Ozmate, but I was still picking (expletive deleted) oranges!:mad:
Knocked off when it got to 40C 'though!
But am now having glass of excellent Red.:ok:
Happy Oz Day all!

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Sunfish
26th Jan 2005, 10:10
Anyone know who the lucky guys were who drove the F18's around at midday?

I'm also trying to figure out the ATC procedures?

I'd hate to be out in my little bugsmasher when an F18 was strutting its stuff.

Eastwest Loco
26th Jan 2005, 10:30
Australians all let us rejoice
For we are young and free
We all come out in fishing boat
Across South China Sea

etc etc - Have a great Austalia Day everyone.

Best

EWL

jb_flyer
26th Jan 2005, 15:59
You guys had FA 18's? We had a few oldies here.... and some fireworks (just a couple)

A friend who was a ATC (for the RAAF) told me once at the Aust GP when there was a QF flypast that the 747 would have been flying in like uncontrolled airspace as such (I dont remember the exact term) and that all the aircraft in the area would have been advised (A NOTAM I guess). This was a few years ago but, so maybe things are different for the fast jets as well.

The centernery celebration of the Army was fun also, lots of aircraft flying over the War Memorial in Canberra and then down ANZAC Parade..

JB

Ron & Edna Johns
26th Jan 2005, 22:34
Hey and listen, 10 out of 10 for the Roulette boys in action over Sydney yesterday (and CBR apparently also). It would have been just a tad difficult, having had a full-on bingle only 5 days prior. Display looked tamed down a bit, but still great to watch.

Well done, fellas!