PDA

View Full Version : Stop crewing the freighters!

nudger
26th Jan 2001, 15:32
To all that may be concerned please stop thinking that your actions don't affect others.

I have now flown very close to my productive limits and look forward to a few days off seeing as I choose not to work overtime!

Unfortunately there is a ton of training going on and therefore the need for people to crew up the sim. That's what those of us with high hours seem to get used for more and more!

Now the problem arises when I'm called out on standby to crew up a sim.

That's fair enough if its a pax. fleet crew up! But more and more it is not. It's a freighter crew up that we can decline. (As far as I'm aware!) So I politely turn down the duty. I am then phoned back shortly there after and called out to crew up a pax sim (same starting time) which I accept because we have to!

The problem is when I show up for my duty it turns out that the F/O that was originally doing the sim I'm called to do has been changed to the sim that I chose not to do.

By doing this VOLUNTARY duty someone else is sure to get the extra work somewhere down the road!

This is just a sim example and exactly the same can be said for crewing flights! As far as I'm concerned if it's voluntary then it should be against contract compliance!

Just my view, any comments?

satcom
27th Jan 2001, 08:07
Go to Airbus fleet.

nudger
27th Jan 2001, 09:11
Good suggestion SATCOM!

How to avoid doing other people's work is to change fleets?

Maybe changing airlines is a better one?

jagman
28th Jan 2001, 18:44
No guys - don't laugh this off. It's a good point. There are always those without guts who make us look foolish and allow CX to scrape by.
DON'T.............

ASLr
30th Jan 2001, 08:33
With all of the training going on with direct entry CX F/Os, CXF guys who signed over, etc., on the freighter, how could one legally refuse to fly with another CX pilot?

HKer
30th Jan 2001, 08:56
I believe that under the current Freighter Flying Agreement (Mixed Crew), flying on or with a freighter crew is completely voluntary. Due to contract compliance that means no freighter flying for AOA members. Nothing personal against the CXF guys/gals.

deepee
30th Jan 2001, 09:45
Shouldn't the Topic be 'Stop Screwing the freighters'?? :)

------------------
"I don't suffer from stress.I'm a carrier".

ASLr
31st Jan 2001, 07:07
HKer Thanks. I forgot about that. I guess crewing the sim gets sort of cloudy.