PDA

View Full Version : Clothing help

jollypilot
25th Jan 2005, 21:13
Hello,

Might seem like a silly question, but what are you supposed to wear during your type rating (airline not self sponsered).

I think I can safely assume it will not be uniform - not been measured yet anyway. I am going to wear a suit first day, but thereafter....is is a suit all the way?

Any advise would be welcome,

JP

R T Jones
25th Jan 2005, 21:16
It is more than likely that when you arrive they will either tell you what to wear or you will be given the chance to ask. I would say definatly suit as you can always take the jacket off. Remember, look like a pilot. Pilots wear "suits". Hope this helps.

jollypilot
25th Jan 2005, 21:26
Those were the lines I was thinking along.

Thank you, and once again apologies for a seemingly 'no-brainer' post!

Any other thoughts? Cheers

JP

Hufty
26th Jan 2005, 13:08
We all wore smart casual - although it was more smart than casual i.e. the kind of trousers that looked like suit trousers and the kind of shirt that looked like you could wear with a suit...basically a suit without a jacket and tie come to think of it!

It is important to be comfortable though.

The Greaser
26th Jan 2005, 13:13
Jeans, t-shirts, whatever is comfortable. This was easyJet though, dont know if this would be looked so highly upon with BA or another 'old fashioned' airline.

Smokie
26th Jan 2005, 22:50
I wore just a smile.:D

RichT
27th Jan 2005, 09:08
This is obviously your first type rating/job. I would recommend something cool that absorbs the sweat.

Seriously its only the old heritage companies that give a cuss about what you wear. Be comfortable, enjoy and the best of luck.