PDA

View Full Version : Free DVD driver?

tony draper
25th Jan 2005, 18:36
Anybody know a website where I can download a free one? , somebody gave me a DVD drive, got it working with a trial version of a Driver but its timed out (it would only play for about five mins anyway),I am running Win 98, I suppose I could buy one but I only got one DVD and I only like one track on that.
Why doesen't Win Media Player have a DVD driver?
:confused:

E-Liam
25th Jan 2005, 19:02
Hi Tony,

On the odd occasion when I've needed drivers, I go

http://www.driverguide.com/

it's free to join, and although I can't be sure for every driver they do, the ones I've needed have always been free.

Cheers

Liam

tony draper
25th Jan 2005, 20:02
Hmmm tried to register ,they appear to want to know my entire life story including what coloured underpants I am currently wearing,I alus buggah up registering on sites like that.
I am a little confused, did another google search, seems to a lot of DVD drivers specific to particular brand DVD drives,the one I have is unbranded and annonymouse as a lot of stuff seems to be now,
I just want a general purpose Windows DVD driver.
Well onward and upward, one shall continue the search,found the timed out one I was using no probs last time, sods law I suppose.
Is there a version of Media player that comes with a DVD driver I can download? bearing in mind I am still running win 98, nor sure what version I have, but it came with the Windows 98 disc,which is a few years old now.
Thanks for the help peeps.
:rolleyes:

UPSAirOps
26th Jan 2005, 01:06
Try Windows Update.

I'm on XP and if I install new hardware I head over there to see if there's any updated drivers available.

Since you're on 98 I'm not sure how much luck you'd have, but it's worth giving it a go.

shack
26th Jan 2005, 07:27
Drapes I found a free one the other day which works with XP SP2 and Windows Media Player 10 on a site that was something like www.cliprex.com/. Stick that in Google and you should find it.

ck4707
26th Jan 2005, 07:38
Try here (http://tucows.com)

Hope this helps

CK

tony draper
26th Jan 2005, 09:18
Thanks peeps found one, the buggah runs out in thirty days same as last one though.
hee hee,spose one should really buy one.
:rolleyes:

Jinkster
26th Jan 2005, 22:55
would power dvd help out mr draper?

Jinkster

You Can Call Me Al
27th Jan 2005, 16:01
Drapes,
You won't be able to update Win 98 for much longer (if indeed it is still possible) as that smashing chap Gates has decided to withdraw support. The previous suggestions for drivers should be fine.