PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Crew training - CBT or instructor

Evvy
25th Jan 2005, 13:53
Just wondering as to how many of you guys and girls use electronic training i.e. Computer Based Training during your initial cabin crew or conversion training.

Malaysia and Gulf I know use CBT for SEP with Malaysia also using it for Services training?

Was your experience good or bad?

Not a journo but a training provider!

flyblue
25th Jan 2005, 19:40
We use CBT only for SEP and Recurrent Training for A/C type. My personal opinion is that it is quite useful, but is only a very limited part of the training: better if preceeded by the instrtuctor and followed by familiarisation or CC flight simulator. Helps you memorise better what is explained by the instructor and you can read on the manual, but doesn't replace the instructor or familiarisation/flight simulator.

AJ
25th Jan 2005, 20:16
We used it for the SEP part of our initial training. Personally, I prefer being instructed by and interacting with a human. However, I think taking short tests/exams on the PC is fine.

I just don't think being in front of PCs for long periods of time is healthy, or conducive to staying alert.

Evvy
26th Jan 2005, 08:30
CBT certainly is not and should not be used to replace an instructor but to supplement an overall training program.

You cannot replace door operation trainers, smoke and fire evacuations etc with a computer however the basics and fundamentals could be taught.