PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolution

The Guru
22nd Jan 2001, 14:42
With the Western New Year just finished and Chinese New Year around the corner I thought it was an apt title - or maybe it should be entitled "Where do I stand with CX?" :)

So much is being said about the company at the moment, the bloody management :mad:, and the recent press releases don't give the prospective wannabe a positive slant as even the expansion is being curtailed. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif I thought I would just ask 10 simple questions and hopefully collate them together so future wannabes don't ask the questions 10 fold over the next 2 years. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif A lot of the questions have arisen due to rumour, innuendo etc. and just need a little bit of clearing up. All responses, and the time taken to write them, is greatly appreciated!

Cheers
The G. :)

1. Is the sim ride now in the B744 or is it still in the B742?
2. Is the sim profile still the same as written in the CX Interview Book?
3. What is the specific difference between a B74J and a B74B?
4. What are the classics doing NOW? Have they been given a drop dead date? (Yes! I know that is 2 questions!)
5. What is CX busiest route?
6. What is CX longest route? (I'm guessing LAX-HK = 15:00hrs but I notice YTO-HK = 19:00hrs??)
7. Is the psych component of recruiting now done in HK, instead of Stage 1?
8. Of the 12 new airframe arrivals, there are 7xA330 and 1xA340. What are the others?
9. What are the expected times between a successful Stage 2 -> Job Offer, Job Offer -> Start Date?
10. What are the start dates for courses in 2001?

Thanks again.... :)

[This message has been edited by The Guru (edited 22 January 2001).]

The Guru
26th Jan 2001, 02:39
Folks, I gather from the lack of responses either no one knows or no one cares....??

Don't be shy, feel free to help out!

roostertail
26th Jan 2001, 06:41
This is what I know:

1. The sim ride is still in the classic
2. Yep. Same profile.
3. 74B is the Betsy, which means it has been fitted with the new First Class product. All 400s have it now, and the A340s will start getting them done soon.
4. Dunno
5. Dunno
6. Toronto-HK is the longest in terms of time.
7. In Hong Kong
8. 777s
9. About 2 weeks at the moment if you can get out of your current job in that time.
10. Dunno

Hope that helps!

Screaming Lord
26th Jan 2001, 18:24
Q No 4.
The Classics are on lease (possible sale) to Pakistan, but we still have a few Classic freighters.
Wait for the new contract which is being negotiated right now.
We are all very tired at the moment Sorry. SL.

WTF...?
29th Jan 2001, 17:55
YAWN!

bonajet
29th Jan 2001, 18:12
I think that the answer to No 8 is 8 x A330 (heavy wt) 1 x A340 from ILFC , plus 3 more leased A340s. No 777s.