PDA

View Full Version : Loganair Application??

pipertommy
25th Jan 2005, 12:42
I had a look through the on-line application and the second page requires you to state your highest qualification! Degree ect.But i dont have any of the mentioned qualifications,which means i cant move to the next page.Does this knock me out the running!:*

bleed_air
25th Jan 2005, 13:09
went for Logan interview recently, mentioned the online application form, and was told that 'well if people cant think on their feet and fill out 'degree' even if they dont have one then maybe they shouldn't bother applying'.

I dont have one and put degree so i suggest u do the same buddy! :O

aces low
25th Jan 2005, 13:43
Same goes for 'country of residence'. Increase your chances by claiming you live up North, like haggis, carrying small knives in your socks and are 'careful' with your hard earned money.

Mind you, I put all those things and still didn't get an interview.

Maude Charlee
25th Jan 2005, 14:08
That's because you forgot the secret Scottish handshake. I could tell you about it, but then the clan insist I would have to kill you (either with my trained guard haggis, or my little dagger in my sussies!). ;)

Airist
25th Jan 2005, 16:51
Wow. You got to Page 2, PiperT? I attempted it, only to find myself being thanked for "re-submitting" my application. So that was it. Page One, and in it goes.

But: Hang on Logans, there's a lot more I could tell yuz yet!! I've degrees coming out of every orifice and I just LOVE haggis..!
As for "RE-submitting", this is worrying. Seems I'm now banging off applications in my sleep.
So those of you wrestling with the deep questions of Page Two, be grateful. The rest of us can only dream of making it to Page Two unresubmitted.

CosmosSchwartz
26th Jan 2005, 14:12
.....and every time another sh!t haggis joke comes up another form goes in the bin......:}

smith
26th Jan 2005, 16:06
Any of you guys flown on the likes of BMI and heard an Aussie or American accent coming over the tannoy from the cock-pit, bloody annoying isn't it.

Not that I'm a xenophobe but Logan Air brands its self as "Scotland's Airline" and therefore a Scottish accent at the helm would do no harm at all. So all applicants go out and buy a good Robbie Burns poetry book and take some Scottish Elocution lessons (aka Parliamo Glasgow) before making an application.

All joking aside I have the tendancy to believe that if you are prepared to move from SE England to fly a turboprop the management will deduce that you will be equally prepared to move back down to SE England to take a jet job. Not sure but I heard a rumour that they prefer locals even mature ones who llike being home every night and dont really want to drop them the moment a jet job comes up. All idle gossip so don't know how true it is.

rotatrim
26th Jan 2005, 18:34
At least two recent recruits have been very young (early twenties) integrated course graduates from the south of England.

pipertommy
26th Jan 2005, 20:21
Thanks for the replys!Just one thought.Would`nt it be untruthful to say i have a degree?I understand it gets you on to the next page but they want someone to say they have qualification which they have`nt ,what did you say when they asked what`s your degree in?Surely they could add standard grades/gcse`s or highers/a-levels to the list. oh i hope that rumour is true i`m Scottish(working in CWL) and on the road to CPL/IR (currently finishing off my imc,time building experience)so if all goes well i should be 31/32yrs young/old!And would love to work for Loganair:O And be back in the homeland.

bleed_air
26th Jan 2005, 22:49
well to answer your question again, in the interview they were not worried that i put degree, although not having one. John Mooney (who will be one of the peeps interviewing) is more bothered that you had the common sense to fill the form out without phoning him to hold yur hand through it. good luck with the imc and for the future :ok:

pipertommy
27th Jan 2005, 05:25
Thanks again for taking the time to answer!Good luck to you also.

silverknapper
28th Jan 2005, 14:43
So you're advocating lying on an application?

Megaton
28th Jan 2005, 20:31
When you're found out (and you will be eventually) you wiull be dismissed from the company for having LIED during the application process. There is nothing clever about a fraudulent claim. Is your real background so devoid of character or interest that you need to embellish the facts?

The interviewers have backgrounds in engineering and both went to university. They are sharp blokes and will see through you immediately.

Lying is for losers.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

bleed_air
28th Jan 2005, 20:50
errrr perhaps i didnt make it clear enough for people. During the interview i mentioned that i did not have a degree but had to put something in the box. To which John Mooney said well thats fine and that if someone cant think on their feet and do exactly that, then maybe they are failing in the department of aptitude... so are we all ok with that now, or shall i go to church and do some confessing before god strikes me down for my sins..

duir
30th Jan 2005, 22:05
"Adapt and Overcome!"

Did you get the job then bleed_air?

:D

sk4644
6th Mar 2005, 19:57
Hi Bleed_air, please could you check your pm's??

thanks, SK

Gearupandorrf
6th Mar 2005, 20:35
And the problem with Aussies/ Kiwis/ Americans working in the UK is ?????.........????????

Please enlighten me.

clear prop!!!
6th Mar 2005, 21:51
Nothing....other than their desire not to let Brits work there!!!

Buter
6th Mar 2005, 22:14
On behalf of every American pilot I know in Britain, we wish you the best of luck in finding work in the US and you have our full support. Just watch out for that nasty dollar to pound conversion rate and be prepared for our rather tasteless beer.

flyingdog
7th Mar 2005, 13:54
"And the problem with Aussies/ Kiwis/ Americans working in the UK is ?????.........????????"

no problem about this but very unfair world as a European has ZERO chance to get a work permit to work in the US / Australia / New Zealand ...
:uhoh:

so I am asking : WHY ????? .............. ???????????? :8

timzsta
7th Mar 2005, 14:22
This thread proves the old saying "honesty gets you no where". Perhaps next time I do the application form I will say I am from Scotland, have a degree and 2000 hours........

Tinstaafl
7th Mar 2005, 14:57
Flying dog, your last comment demonstrated your ignorance. There are many, many pilots from overseas - as well as people in other occupations - working in Oz, NZ & US although I agree getting into the US is one of the more difficult routes.

Nonetheless, you're arguing from perception rather than from fact.

haughtney1
7th Mar 2005, 17:56
Flying Dog..

Im a kiwi living and flying in the UK...your comments show a complete lack of awareness, and general common sense. ANYONE wishing to work and live in NZ or Australia (I dont know anything about the US so I wont make sweeping statements) has to qualify and go through the correct procedures..right down to obtaining an aircrew license.
That is NO different to what I had to do in terms of applying for a work permit..submitting my details..and hoping for the best. Once that was out of the way I then had to work/save money for 2 1/2yrs to be able to afford to convert a license to the JAR/UK standard. That was all before I could even entertain the thought of job hunting.
As I'm sure you will agree Flying Dog..your comments are unfounded (nobody has a god given right to a position) unwarranted (prove to most fair minded people that because of "foreigners" you cant get a job) and worst of all inaccurate (plenty of Oz and NZ sounding pilots have Brit parents..and by BIRTH RIGHT are entitled to live and work here)
As for Brits working back in NZ and Oz....it just so happens a Brit taught me to fly back in NZ..he is now a Captain on a well known Oz airline...I wonder if he feels embittered by foreigners.

End of rant....

Nurse...more beer please
:hmm:

duir
7th Mar 2005, 21:22
Aussie/Oz or whatever nationality, they must have worked bloody hard to get a decent flying job here in the U.K. so damn good luck to them they deserve it.

redsnail
7th Mar 2005, 21:54
Thank you Duir. :D

Firestorm
8th Mar 2005, 07:55
Flying Dog: I hope you revise you're opinion fairly quickly: it has no place in this day and age.

Smith: same.

pipertommy
8th Mar 2005, 11:47
Check your pm`s duir.Thanks

smith
9th Mar 2005, 13:15
Yes I know this is a cosmopolitan society we live in, I just think that to advertise as "Scotland's AIrline" it would be a lot more quaint to have a Scottish accent on the P.A.

sk8erboi
9th Mar 2005, 13:37
Not to mention someone who is there because they want to be - and not just until a job comes up in a place they do want to be

Sean Dillon
9th Mar 2005, 16:56
And thank you sk8erboi.....for those of us that are English and WANT to be in Scotland....

duir
9th Mar 2005, 17:20
Here here, I am from NE Englandshire and I too plan to live and work in Scotland in the future. This thread has reminded me of my last Mountaineering expedition to the Himalayas(Nepal). Myself and a pal did a little sidetrip to an 18500ft hill to watch the sun come up over Everest. This was fairly impressive but I couldn't help thinking "it's not quite Scotland is it?"
:D

TenaciousP
10th Mar 2005, 10:11
Just had a look at the Loganair online application and was a bit concerned to see the amount of personal details they require such as N I, Passport and Driving Licence numbers but the site is not secure. Everything an identity thief needs!

Maude Charlee
11th Mar 2005, 09:33
Hi Duir,

Have you moved over here now, or have you got your NW/NE mixed up?

:confused: ;)

PS. I see you've spoken to Bill - good one.

Firestorm
14th Mar 2005, 09:42
'Scotland's Airline' were quick enough to join the British Airways franchise....

duir
14th Mar 2005, 10:17
Hello Maude!
Havn't mixed up NW/NE(well not whilst on the ground anyway). I am a NE lad living in the NW as unfortunately I was brought up a Smoggy!
Had a chat with Bill and cheers again for the info we are going to speak again after the CPL so fingers crossed for last weeks resits of last two subjects.

DB6
14th Mar 2005, 15:06
Last time I checked Scotland was part of Britain. Not England, Britain :cool: :p .

ecj
14th Mar 2005, 15:12
We will have to see what WW thinks of BA franchises when he takes the helm of this UK plc [that includes both England and Scotland] later this year.
:cool:

policepilot
14th Mar 2005, 15:33
Whether you are a Scotsman, Kiwi or a Martian,, if at the interview it becomes apparent that you are looking to move on to a 777 etc, you minimise your chances.
I would think that what they are looking for is someone who'll be most happy flying a BN2A for many years and will become part of the community up north and not think of moving,,, at all,, ever.
With history in mind, my feelings are that provided you're not from England or make too many snide comments about the Scots, they'll be happy to see you.

Remember the man interviewing you is ex CAA and very cautious.

With the current scare on ID theft, I hope the airlines are not too careless when discarding application forms, as discribed earlier in this thread.
If you get the job, fly with cottonwool in your left ear. After a few medicals I believe that's the ear that goes first.

(PS: didn't get passed interview, looks cozy up north, but failed the B777 question)

parkfell
14th Mar 2005, 15:44
policepilot

1. Loganair do interview and employ pilots from south of 55N.

2. The FCM is ex BT, not ex CAA.

On a more general note, the Act of Union 1707 made England and Scotland one country.

:cool:

policepilot
14th Mar 2005, 16:27
Item 1) I know, was tongue in cheek earlier.
Item 2) Didn't know, obviously changed, thank you.

The Act of Union 1707 may not be a good topic of discussion up north after a few pints, granted only in some regions. I am not backing up one side nor the other, just an observation. Being from the colonies and all, so I know my place.

Tosh McCaber
14th Mar 2005, 18:10
Depressingly, as often seems to be the case, this thread has dropped off the subject, into nonsensical sparring between people with, apparently, too much time on their hands.

Let's keep it to those who are interested in joining Loganair.

randomair
14th Mar 2005, 19:45
Actually,

Scotland became a part of the Kingdom of Great Britain by a parliamentary act in 1707, and is a constituent COUNTRY of the United Kingdom.

randomair

WX Man
15th Mar 2005, 08:41
To clarify once and for all:

If you look on the front of your passport it says:

"United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

UK = Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Great Britain = England, Scotland, Wales, and all the islands
Britain = Mainland England, Scotland, Wales
British Isles = UK plus Eire, Channel Islands, Scilly Isles, Orkneys etc. Even Rockall is in that one.

(Oh, and the passport also says something about a European Union. Not sure about that, must be Johnny Foreigner trying to get his hand in our Melton Mowbrays or our Wensleydale or something).:suspect:

DB6
15th Mar 2005, 08:50
Love it!:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

silverknapper
15th Mar 2005, 09:12
Perhaps it's time to wind up this thread which had degenerated a fair bit. The tragic events of this morning really should put it all in perspective.

A Sayers
17th Mar 2005, 09:31
Police pilot.

The ex CAA guy's job was advertised immeadiatly after he gave evidence that the court described as "unbelievable (and untruthful)".