PDA

View Full Version : Korean Strike

Darling
24th Oct 2000, 05:43
Heard the Korean strike has finished and they got a deal!

75hrs plus a pay rise, not sure how much, but the strike must have only lasted 24hrs - not bad for a union thats been registered for about three months.

Well done chaps. Anyone know any more?

Panza
27th Oct 2000, 06:14
Well done to the Korean Pilots.... it only took one day to get what they wanted. That's because they ALL stuck together. Wish we had more Korean pilots in Cathay and less Aussie ex-dispute pilots then we could get things done with unity.

------------------
" If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for everything "

Goroundflap
29th Oct 2000, 03:08
As a ex 89er I can assure you that we have already proven ourselves in battle, many here haven't! Isn't ironic that the loudest voices pre dispute were the first to scab. Instead of sh.. canning the 89r's sit back and listen, you might learn something. Stick to CC and W.O.E, there are never any winners in all out confrontation. I notice Korean are still looking for expats..

jagman
29th Oct 2000, 11:16
Isn't an ex '89er one of our Direct Entry Captain 'extenders'.
I guess he's just saying FU to everyone except himself.
Nothing to be too proud of methinks.

highwayman
29th Oct 2000, 14:14
Panza. I couldn't agree more with you, glad that I'm not the only one to feel this way.

To Goroundflap: You may have proved yourself in a battle, but a battle is only a small part of a war. It's who wins in the end that matters. Because you have been bloodied once, you and all the remainder of the 89 dispute people are scared to fight again. Therein lies a large portion of the problem. I'm not totally unsympathetic to your position, but sometimes you have to go into battle more than once in your life to achieve what you want. Sure you can take the safe and easy option ie.CC and WOE but that ain't going to make this crowd sit up and take notice. No !you may just have to dig down really deep to find the courage to do what is required. But you are right, if there was a walkout, I'll guarantee the first one to scab would be an Aussie

Goroundflap
29th Oct 2000, 15:04
Unfortunately my point was sadly missed, we the 89ers, lost our jobs rather than doing the dirty on our mates. I will do it again if I have to. Experience now tells me that their are other ways to make the fat lady sing. It has nothing to do with fear and a lot to do with common sense and logic. There are a lot of loud voices in our company at the moment and they aren't comming from down south.
Keep thinking and cool headed, emotions will only serve to consume us as they did then.

jtr
30th Oct 2000, 04:36
Goround, I have to agree with you. There are a lot amongst us who have been bleating the same old "I`ve had enough of this crap, I`m leaving" line for the last few years. Well now that Emirates are taking DE captains, and AA are looking at taking Canadians, how many are really going to walk the walk?

Goonybird
31st Oct 2000, 21:30
Since when are AA taking Canucks???? Please elaborate on this so I can walk the walk!

HardRock
1st Nov 2000, 04:52
They aren't...yet. Pilots are not yet considered "professionals" in the US, due to the fact that they do not require a specific accredited training course, such as a bachelor's degree or other training, like nursing. But, just as CX, they will change the regs as required to keep things to their advantage.

jtr
1st Nov 2000, 11:10
Talk to some of the canadian union `board` members