PDA

View Full Version : The Ideal Cv

papazulu
24th Jan 2005, 21:30
Hello everybody.

just wondering which kind of CV you would send to the Chief pilot when applying for pilot position. I mean how you would lay it out, which details include etc,etc.

Let's have two opposite samples:

ROOKIE: fATPL, ME/IR 200-300hrs TT, FI rating, some experience with glider-towing, skydiving ops and so on...I am sure there are thousands out there

SENIOR: ATPL 10000+hrs TT, PIC 6000-8000hrs on regional turboprops and corporate jets, remote regions ops experience (africa, south america or similar) with SE turboprops, several cooperations with military forces involving skydiving exercises, Istructor ratings (VFR, IRI ACRO) type and class rating instructor...

thanks to all those who want to share tips.

PZ
:ok: :ok:

Pointer
25th Jan 2005, 08:57
My suggestions:

Keep it Sober, let the facts speak for it self

when you think you have it done, print it and then step back and ask yourself the following question: "can i see within 15 seconds what my qualifications are (the important ones for flying offcourse)?"

Be systematical when making the cv. and leave the cover letter to what it is... a cover so don't repeat what you have in your cv.

These Pointers landed me a job every single time and now the best one as well so ....

Good luck to all

Pointer :E