PDA

View Full Version : What do you think guys????

747Dryvr
22nd Oct 2000, 22:03
I am a 747 captain for Evergreen in the U.S.
I have a interview scheduled for Nov and what like some constuctive comments regarding life at CX.I am willing to give up 10 years of senority for this opportunity. I am not looking at CX for the 747 or widebody time as I have 5,000 plus already it is for the company not the time. I have been through the threads and would like guys to respond who have good to say. Do you suggest bringing the wife and or wife and kids to the intreview?? I have been comming to HKG for the last 8 years and like it very much , but will CX demand you move there at some point in your carrer or will they let you contiue to based in the US.

Some questions?? How much is the first year 400 freighter pay I hear numbers of 95,000 USD. How long till upgrade to Captain. How long is an avg freighter month 14-16 days. I know I could find this out in Anchorage as we stay at the same hotel but I haven't been through there in months. Is there any kind of book I can purchase or gouge information regarding the interview available. Thanks in advance for the professional comments.
Please email if you would not like to comment on the board. [email protected]

Take Care guys and safe flying,

Don't forget guys your job is as good as you make it. And trust me you don't have it that bad.

satcom
23rd Oct 2000, 13:14
There is no freighter crew based in HK.

nudger
23rd Oct 2000, 14:58
Yr.1 = $59200
Yr.2 = $65000
Yr.3 = $70800

Don't look at the current rosters being flown to judge the rest of your career!

Read your conditions of service and rostering practices very carfully to get the full picture of what they can legal do to you and your body. North Americans do alot of Duty travel and receive 0 (thats ZERO) credit for it!!

ButtMunch
23rd Oct 2000, 18:21
After reading these threads, how can you say you are not coming for the 747time but for the company.
What is it about CX that you don't understand, everything is constantly changing for the worse or that CX SUX period.

Don't think you can make a difference or that it is going to be different for you.

They probably have not told you what seat (most likely FO ANC base) or conditions you will be on.
ANC base means you have to live there NO more commuters allowed.

[This message has been edited by ButtMunch (edited 24 October 2000).]