PDA

View Full Version : Adding a Rating to my JAR Licence...

south coast
24th Jan 2005, 17:55
Just a quick question for those of you in the know.

If I have a Beech 1900 rating on a South African licence and have over 900 hours on the type, would it be a big deal to have that type put onto my JAR licence?

Could anyone shed some light on this for me, and what would I need to do to make this happen?

Cheers...

Touch'n'oops
25th Jan 2005, 07:35
Recently completed a B737 Type Rating in Australia and wanted this added to my JAA license.

I was told that I would need much more time on type before this could happen.

But it is still possible.
Speak to the British CAA's Policy and approvals department.

It is going to be a real pain in the arse, but good luck! ;)

IRISHPILOT
25th Jan 2005, 11:43
consider swapping your country of issue of your JAR licence, as several CAAs will add your SA (not sure about the Australian) rating to your JAA licence.

do a search on here for more info.

cheers, IP

south coast
25th Jan 2005, 19:52
According to LASORS...F9.1

1 500 hours flying experience on type

2 Operating experience on type within previous 5 years

3 Pass a Prof Check on type

4 Have met knowledge requirements of JAR FCL 1.250/2.250

My question is, must the Prof Check be done in the UK or can the Prof Check be done by the state with which the initial rating is held with?

Thanks in advance for your help...

IRISHPILOT
25th Jan 2005, 20:34
If you want to stay with the UK CAA, then yes, the LASORS will apply. And you will have to find a JAA TRE for the LPC (an OPC will not do!) on a JAR approved flight sim.

However, the UK CAA has and will approve not previously JAR sims for you, sometimes as a one-off.

The LPC can be done anywhere in the world, the sim can be approved by any JAR CAA, even a non-European JAA CAA, using any JAR TRE.