PDA

View Full Version : EH 101 availability in UK

Tony Chambers
24th Jan 2005, 14:49
Hi Guys and Gals
I hope i can get some good respnses to this question.
Does anyone know where i could charter EH101's in the UK.

Thanx :ok:

CRAN
24th Jan 2005, 14:57
RAF and NAVY are the only operators with 101's in the UK. AugustaWestland have only ever sold 1 civil variant due to the comedy price tag and huge operating costs - and that one is operated by the Japanese government!

Good luck!!! :E

CRAN

dmanton300
25th Jan 2005, 01:58
Oh look, a thread that's degenerated into criticism of the EH-101 in the space of one post. How refreshing. Sarcasm *OFF*.

Cyclic Hotline
25th Jan 2005, 02:12
Well, what are you going to say to change our minds?

I'm waiting.

Should be good for a laugh.

Paul McKeksdown
25th Jan 2005, 07:52
Interesting :rolleyes:

A singular post of the truth about the EH101 and the thread is PULLED down into bickering!

Check Westlands sales book, you'll only find 1 vip merlin there as a civilian sale. Wonder why?????

:}

VoicesFromTheCreche
25th Jan 2005, 11:02
Hi Tony,

You would be better off talking to Westlands directly and I'm sure they would be willing to help.

Voices

airborne_artist
25th Jan 2005, 12:07
TC

What is it with you and chartering mil helos?

In the past you've wanted to charter a Scout, a Boeing tilt rotor, now a Merlin/EH101, as well as lift a landrover + trailer (not a common civilian USL).

When are you planning your overthrow of 10 Downing St.?

Tony Chambers
26th Jan 2005, 00:25
thanks for the replies, i know i have asked for a lot of different types of helos, i have a few things up my sleeve and for obvious reasons i can't mention them in detail for fear of it being seen as an advert.

As for the merlin i hope you all continue to bitch moan or praise the aircraft.
:ok:

Bronx
15th Feb 2005, 17:54
A few things up your sleeve?
Not in the helo world I hope, for your sake!

Not so long ago you were looking to charter a tiltrotor in the 'near future'.
The ETA of the BA609 isn't until 2007 soonest. :D

Big Toe
16th Feb 2005, 12:45
MoD have lent aircraft and crews in the past for TV, films and the like. Have you tried a direct approach to MOD (http://www.mod.uk/contacts/peo_telephone.htm)
Bearing in mind the tempo of operations in support of ops and exercises worldwide there may be some lead-time getting assets released, but I can't see why a serious response shouldn't be forthcoming.