PDA

View Full Version : A Message From The DFO

CX Driver
20th Oct 2000, 20:36
"Cathay Pacific has been ranked as one of the four best Hong Kong employers in a survey conducted among CEOs of more than 300 Hong Kong-based corporations. The other highly rated companies were HSBC, Goldman Sachs and Pacific Century CyberWorks. The survey indicated that good staff benefits, market image, good staff communication and staff training are the criteria that make an ideal employer."

Ken Barley
21 OCT 00

Warhawk
21st Oct 2000, 00:16
Good staff communication - wonder how they rated that one? I guess it must be the "right choice" brochure or CX intranet?

Can think of recent examples when communication was nothing more than "someones" snap decisions without consulting the people concerned.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Just remember guys the world is big place and there are jobs a plenty right now.

[This message has been edited by Warhawk (edited 21 October 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Warhawk (edited 22 October 2000).]

amused
21st Oct 2000, 08:24
Yes, the World is a big place, but conditions and pay are so good here, that nobody leaves. Those are the facts, that's why we are all still here! Think how lucky we all are in life, instead of this continual bleating. Life is wonderful so don't waste a minute more moaning.

jagman
21st Oct 2000, 09:24
This kind of survey simply prolongs the delusion amongst the 'club' that they are right and we are wrong.

How could 300 CEO's know what Staff communication is like in 299 other Companies so intimately that they give them a score that means anything.

Meaningless froth. Trouble is Barley will believe it.

DirtyDawg
21st Oct 2000, 16:25
This survey is as useful as surveying CX pilots about their sex lives calculated over a year.

-You don't really know the truth!
-The ones who do know: aren't volunteering to expose themselves...slight pun there.
-At the end of the day do we really care as long as we get our bit.

Waste of paper...

Woof Woof Woof

[This message has been edited by DirtyDawg (edited 21 October 2000).]

Starting 4
22nd Oct 2000, 23:40
CX Driver,

Curious to how you can post a quote a day before it was quoted?

CX Driver
23rd Oct 2000, 07:55
I copied it straight off Cathay Dial up. I guess the date I posted it was Zulu date (+8).

Regards,

CX Driver

P.s. No I am not a spy!