PDA

View Full Version : Job opportunity in Carlisle

Maude Charlee
24th Jan 2005, 14:00
Well, hopefully anyway.

Thanks to a moving jobmarket, I may be moving on from my present post here in the North West, thereby leaving an opportunity for somebody else to grab a toehold on the job ladder.

The job is as a survey pilot, operating a C150, working alongside a photographer on assignments mostly in Northern England and Southern and central Scotland. The work is a great deal of fun, and is a good opoortunity to build time and experience after gaining that CPL.

However, there are a number of factors to consider before deciding you are interested:

1. The flying is limited; between 150 and 200hrs a year.

2. You will be working in a self-employed capacity.

3. Assignments are weather dependant, and as such you will need to be pretty flexible with your availability.

The nature of the job means it is only really suitable for somebody fairly local, who perhaps has another source of income, as the pay is £20 per hour and as the flying is weather dependant, don't expect a regular income.

If you are interested, please PM me, and I will be happy to give any more details and put you in contact with the operator.

Mister Geezer
24th Jan 2005, 23:13
Should I be asking ATC for increased separation against all Dash 8s that I come accross from spring onwards?

jaarrgh
25th Jan 2005, 10:02
MC - will you be moving to another survey job in the south(twin), or am I way off? Good luck.

Maude Charlee
25th Jan 2005, 14:12
MG

Ha ha. Nice one. Just remember how I terrorized that 146 into ABZ (do remember to say hi for me if you move on and meet the plonker from that flight). Think what I can do with all that extra performance!

;)

MC

Jaaargh,

Sorry, but no. Couldn't stand all that fizzy lager. :}