PDA

View Full Version : Barriers to operate a flight to the USA?

soups
24th Jan 2005, 10:22
Hi,
i am interested of setting up direct link between ACC and the USA, BWI, JFK, EWR or ATL. currenly working on a wet lease of a 767/MD11 and studying which routes and so on.
as for the GCAA that can easily be soretd, how about the USA what are the barriers? i also believe there is an open skky agreement between Ghana and the USA. GH ceased opeartion on this route and so did afrinat airlines both due to mis-managemnet.
any advice will be helpful
Thanks

Gunship
24th Jan 2005, 12:19
Lo Soups,

Rumour has it from ACC that "an airline" will start the route very soon. I do not know if they are talking of your ?

There is a hughe market left behind by Ghana Airways as most American travellers fly with BA / Luftahansa / KLM via the UK and Europe (0and believe me there are a lot).

Good luck and best wishes with your endavours.

PS: Rumours also has it that Ghana Airways will start up at the end of February :}

Cheers from No more gunss ;)

soups
24th Jan 2005, 16:41
not mine as nothing official yet got the funds and just looking into it before making anything official
Ghana airways has not still found any aircraft (planning to start with 8-10a/c) looks like they will go down under like RK

Yak97
24th Jan 2005, 16:55
So you don't think Ghana International Airlines will start?

If they do then they will get the BASA accreditation and that won't leave much for anybody else.

The USA might take a bit of convincing regards a new carrier to get the same rating as GH had.

soups
24th Jan 2005, 18:01
Doubt GIA will start and even if they start, its hard to restart the US service after the ban. not sure if the DoT will allow them anymore.
till now GH office around the world are still open but with no sales i am not sure how they are surviving...

Yak97
24th Jan 2005, 19:45
With 1400+ staff in ACC it was always a wonder what they all did (do?)

soups
25th Jan 2005, 18:19
well i doubt they are being paid. not sure about all the offices.
what is Jordan Aviation A310 doing in ACC its been here for a while noticed it on every trip to/from Accra.

Gunship
26th Jan 2005, 19:46
GIA Staff ... Wel must admit they have a wide variety of staff .. some of the best I have met in the industry but sadly also some of the worst ...

Boarding aircraft from the VIP moves with illegals is one of them ... the list is endless ..

Re the Jordanian a/c - will have a look tonight _ I have not seen it last night or today (or blindness settled in) ;)

PS: A senrior told me last night that they will start in June with 9-10 aircraft and they are very happy .. :}

Skaz
27th Jan 2005, 02:18
Heard that Air Nam is looking at doing flights to USA...

Gunship
29th Jan 2005, 13:52
what is Jordan Aviation A310 doing in ACC its been here for a while noticed it on every trip to/from Accra.

It was not there late yesterday afternoon, but it was parked close to gate 1 at 0400 this morning :ok:

I have photo's to those in need .. :8