PDA

View Full Version : CONTRACT CX F/O

Romeo
17th Jan 2001, 13:39
I got a positive result on CX pilot F/O selection,
but still waiting for a contract,
due to limited sim.capacity.(according
CX recruitment dep.statement)

Anyone out there, maybe in same situtation and able to provide an update.

ROMEO

cheklapsap
17th Jan 2001, 14:29
The rumour is that the training plan is in chaos with a Flight Ops suggestion being that CX stops all recruitment and JFO upgrade training while they concentrate on upgrading captains and training captains. Maybe that's the reason for the delay and the rumour mill is working correctly?

Thrust
17th Jan 2001, 15:36
I see in the Feb roster that there are F/O's doing P16. That's a code for A330 sim training in TPE. Also a P12 code, same place different start time!

Is this a sign that we are a bit stretched.... I think so. First time I've seen this code, nothing like it in the Jan roster.

anduchi
17th Jan 2001, 20:34
Romeo, congratulations of the news. I am set to go sometime in March, and I would really appreciate some feedback on the experience.
Thank you in advanced

Darling
23rd Jan 2001, 03:24
Romeo, can you please confirm that your F/O slot is for the freighter fleet?

MaxReheat
23rd Jan 2001, 17:02
Romeo & Anduchi

Were your job interviews/offers a result of the job ad which appeared in FI at the end of Dec or have you been on Cathay's books for some time. The reason I ask is that I sent in an app 3 weeks ago and have received no reply. No news bad news?

Strimmer Trimmer
23rd Jan 2001, 22:29
Reheat

No news = good news at the moment. Seems that they are a bit maxed out at the moment. Hang in there but don't expect overnight miracles.

Romeo
24th Jan 2001, 15:48
The F/O position is offered for the Freighter fleet;
Selection :Oct 2000.

Romeo

TomG
24th Jan 2001, 23:42
Romeo,

Congratulations on the position. I'm off to the first interview in two weeks. In your interview did they concentrate on tech. questions or was it mostly human resources. Any help would be appreciated.

TomG

on the glide
29th Jan 2001, 13:24
Nice to hear the good news,
but
I'am asking a favor from anyone to
give a feedback,I did'nt pass
the final for the Pax and now
am apply for the Freight.
Any suggestion?
Thanking you in advance.

o_g

BUSDRVR
30th Jan 2001, 04:19
If interviewee did not make it for the pax, what makes that individual okay to fly a Freighter????

It is clear, the chaos has come full circle. I heard from an STC last night that the Medical standards for new hires is dropping too.

It seems as though the company will do anything to get a warm body in the seat.

I am not attacking anybody personally, as I am sure everybody needs the job and plenty of good mates and pilots did not make it into CX. Just look at the trend!

Vision
3rd Feb 2001, 20:47
Question to Anduchi:

When did you have your final interview in HKG?

Did you already get offered a contract from
CX?

How many month do you have to spend in HKG for training?

Many thanks for a response and a successful time at CX !

absolut KUK
3rd Feb 2001, 23:53
You won't see the contract until they have seen proof that you have resigned from your previous employer. And then they rush you to sign it, so you don't have time to change your mind, since alot of things are different on this contract compared to what was offered and 'sold' at the interview.

on the glide
4th Feb 2001, 10:15
Thank's Bus,

I'am trying to see positively,
but am gonna try again,anyway.

o_g

anduchi
8th Feb 2001, 02:06
Vision:
I have yet to go to my second interview. That is the reason for my question...any comments on the experience?
Thanks to all