PDA

View Full Version : Regional or CX

SNA
17th Jan 2001, 06:33
It seems that there are mixed feelings regarding life at CX,most of which seem to be negative for understandable reasons.I am flying for a regional in OZ earning respectable money and enjoying a great lifestyle in my hometown,however,the desire is always there to advance to the next level.So its career vs lifestyle,and a question for all you guys who have left regional jobs in OZ for the "greener pastures" of HK,would you do it again? Should i stay where i am and take lifestyle over money? I have always believed that i wanted to fly for a major but after many months of observing this site and hearing about unlivable rosters,lack of family life,extortionate costs of living together with ever decreasing conditions,i am starting to ask myself if it is all worth it.What do you think?

RAM
17th Jan 2001, 14:02
Sincerely, .........

All I would say is; … DONT use this forum as your MAIN source of information regarding CX. While the concerns expressed here, do have some foundation, if viewed independently of any other information, you would end up with a rather slanted view of things. To borrow a line from Robin Williams, ... "Reality, ... what a concept!"

As with anything, there are advantages and disadvantages. Do your own research. TALK to somebody you know up here, ... especially people who would be in a similar position to you. After you have done that, … then answer the questions yourself.
My opinions; I have a good time; I separate work from home life, but still enjoy going to work; I will eke out a reasonable living and retirement; I am quite happy. There are worse things in life! Of course, everything is subjective!

Cheers

Thrust
17th Jan 2001, 15:45
I agree with RAM's comments. I personally think that we do let off a bit of steam on this forum and that some of the good points go unwritten.

Be warned though that whatever management tell you during an interview about your future it will be very much slanted toward their view of things. Rose tinted if you like. We are making small progress in the conditions of new joiners and I feel that we will improve your lot over the next couple of years.

"Life is a journey, travel it well" (as some airline add says) Do what you feel is right for you but have both eyes open!