PDA

View Full Version : A note of gratitude to Mod's here at Rotorheads

SASless
23rd Jan 2005, 14:46
I wandered into a USA based helicopter only web site today....and was amazed at the content of the posts there. The "legitimate" posts were swamped by really embarrassing responses.

My appreciation for the fine job and hard work our Mod's do here is clearly demonstrated when other forums such as that one are viewed. My hat is off to Heliport and the others who contribute so much for so little acknowledgement.

It is comforting to know there exists where one can retreat to for a polite hash of interesting topics. There is banter here...but always done with sufficient courtesy to remain acceptable. Not so at that other place.

To all of our participants here....please...please do not judge us on the western side of the salt water divide by what you see at that other site. It is an embarrassment to the vast majority of us over here.

Again, Heliport....you are doing a wonderful job...keep up the good work. You have taken me to the wood shed in the past...and I am the better for it.:ok: :ok:

B Sousa
23rd Jan 2005, 14:56
SASless there you go again sugarcoating stuff........Admit it , it was JustHelos.whatever and the moronic postings outweigh anything worthwhile.
I also agree that things are better controlled here, having been bumped a couple times for jumping in some sensitive
a :mad: s face. I do wish that they were not so PC, but as they say its their website.

RDRickster
23rd Jan 2005, 15:35
I never go to the JH site for the reasons mentioned above. There are only 2-3 forums I visit regularly, and PPRuNe is obviously on that list. The others are just a waste of time.

SASless
23rd Jan 2005, 15:41
Bert,

I tried to be polite....and for sure I did not want to grace that site by comparing it by name to this or any other remotely decent site. There are good posts there...but unfortunately they get lost in all the other posts you so aptly described.

PedalStop
23rd Jan 2005, 15:46
Thanks, SASless, your coments are cheerfully welcomed! Heliport is the hard-working member of the crew, and he deserves the vast bulk of the thanks, as you have properly noted.

Bsousa, were we to meet somewhere, I'd assure you that political correctness is not one of our charters, free discourse is most welcomed. WE worry about groundless attacks that could be actionable and the death spiral of insults. These are what we try to moderate, with the lightest hand possible,and which IMHO make many other internet sites so unworth visiting.

Actually, this comunity is virtually self-tending, and it is a pleasure for me.
For Heliport and me, thank you!

B Sousa
23rd Jan 2005, 16:10
"free discourse is most welcomed. WE worry about groundless attacks that could be actionable and the death spiral of insults."

Maybe somewhere in between, sometimes a good fight makes one feel better......insulting seems to be normal behavior to those who can hide in anonymity.
I certainly have no problem with getting slammed, and I dont mind slamming back. Maybe I am just getting mellow or I too would be known as some acronym here.
Has BiteMyAss been used yet?? . Then I could just post a blank reply to some that insult with the comment.........The name says it all.....
Back to work...tours this afternoon. Nice in the islands this time of year............

headsethair
23rd Jan 2005, 18:28
"sometimes a good fight makes one feel better"

That one phrase sums up the difference between the USA's approach to world affairs - and most of Europe!! :O

SASless
23rd Jan 2005, 18:42
Headset...

This thread was started to compliment the Mod's....and maybe dear Bert's post was a might tempting to challenge....but hopefully we can avoid rehashing something as political as that here. If you care to adjourn to JB....I am sure Bert will be glad to accept the challenge with me as his Second.

What you think Bert....balloons on sticks at three paces...best man wins?

VeeAny
23rd Jan 2005, 19:30
I don't spend a lot of time at the other forums, but you are right it is about time we commended the Mods, Heliport in particular for keeping us on the straight and Narrow,.

In some respects its a shame some of us are anonymous, we may know them even if just in passing and not know who they are on PPrune!

Regardless well done lads

Keep up the good work.

Dave_Jackson
23rd Jan 2005, 19:41
SASless

Easy for you to talk. :oh: Every time the two of us have an argument about race, religion, politics or sex, I'm the one who is booted off. :{

At the risk of being kicked off again, I still believe that being trisexual is best. http://www.UniCopter.com/SexyFace.gif

Dave.

Seriously, the moderators do a really good job. :ok:

PPRUNE FAN#1
23rd Jan 2005, 21:06
Good call, Cap'n SAS. This forum has given me a tremendous amount of...something...I don't know...infotainment, maybe. But it is why I remain, yours truly,

PPRUNE FAN#1

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
23rd Jan 2005, 23:19
Have to agree (although I'm a pretty agreeable bloke), I think there is no better than this on the web. The Mods deserve the cred for keeping it credible !!

Cheers & Here's to the Future,

NEO (a new kid on the block, but an enthusiast nonetheless)

SASless
24th Jan 2005, 02:58
I do not know what came over me....but I did it again! What was I thinking? In a very weak moment....I went back to that site...just to see if I was being overly critical.

I was not...I was actually being charitable....

Heliport...a fitting punishment of transgressors here....no more wood shedding by you and Pedalstop....just banish the sinners to that site kinda like the days of old when assisted passage to foreign places was in vogue for undesirable elements of the Crown.

I read the thread about the FAA being after the "Hero" Utah pilot.....and the responses were disgusting.

Somehow....maybe Freedom of Speech isn't what it is cracked up to be. To think, the owner claims that to be the acme of helicopter websites?:mad:

MD900 Explorer
24th Jan 2005, 03:41
SASLess

I agree totally, the mods do a fantastic job here but on another note, that Pedalstop said in an earlier thread.

Actually, this community is virtually self-tending, and it is a pleasure for me.
A'int this the truth

Makes this forum great. I frequent another forum aswell, but I never see as much activity, let alone self policing as this has done. :ok:

Thanks again Mods

MD:ok:

warpig
24th Jan 2005, 08:19
i dont like j.h. because someone will ask something legitamite and someone has to say something like go eff yourself dont waste my time. i can recall an incedent where someone was called an unclef--ker..what is that about? :mad:

B Sousa
24th Jan 2005, 17:01
Headsethair
obviously the the ultimate in anonymous types who can hide on line........
Anyway, his profile says it all and we should consider the source...........Hes a Robbie Driver........