PDA

View Full Version : EAAC Interview (merged)

King Kenny
23rd Jan 2005, 13:59
European Aviation

Have a fair idea of the style of work, and flying for EAAC, but finding it difficult to research the revised company structure, and wondering if anyone has any of the following information:

1. Interview style i.e. people interviewing you, technical questions, personal, background etc?

2. Current structure, and management.

3. Current Chief Pilot.

4. Hours flown per year as an FO on the B737.

All responses would be grately appreciated.

Cheers,

KK

flyinghome
23rd Jan 2005, 14:39
hello King Kenny,

trying to find out information about EAAC myself, but iam finding it very difficult.
How many hours and experience do you have?
when is your interview?
there web site does not hold much information on the company, but if i find anything i will send it on to you.

fh

Craggenmore
24th Jan 2005, 16:45
Have you been called forward in relation to the advert placed in Flight International last week for pilots?

Craggs

King Kenny
24th Jan 2005, 21:17
Thanks FH.

I have just under 1000 hours, mainly from instructing. I believe they will be interviewing at the beginning of next month, as a result of the advert in F. Int.

If I unearth anything I will post it up.

KK

pilotarosa
31st Jan 2005, 15:19
Hallo,
I have been luckily called for an interview with EAAC...but, unfortunatly can't find any infomormation about it.
Does anyone have any idea of what to expect???technical questions ? comapny questions???
thanks very much for anyhelp!

south coast
31st Jan 2005, 17:06
congrats on the interview...

i also applied, just curious as to your hours/types and how much did you put down as a salary?

cheers, and good luck...

HomerSimpson
31st Jan 2005, 17:59
Just as an idea, what type of experience have you got? A friend of mine has just recently left them, Ill give him a call and see if I can find out any Gen.

moku
31st Jan 2005, 20:16
I also have an interview with them soon. Any help would be great.

M.

sk4644
31st Jan 2005, 20:33
Well done on the interviews guys, just a quickie.... how did they inform you that you had got an interview, by phone call or email etc????

sk

timzsta
31st Jan 2005, 22:06
I also got a mate who used to fly with them. Will see what I can find out for you. Best of luck - I applied also but have heard nothing:(

Turbopropphil
1st Feb 2005, 00:44
Hi any news on the interviews at European as been called for next week and kinda hoping to get some tips! Also if anyone knows what the sim check will comprise of? Thanks and good luck to all, see you there!

P

timzsta
1st Feb 2005, 09:55
Friend of mine who used to be at European said that interview was more of a chat / get to know you type affair. The sim ride was what it all rested on. Advice was relax and be yourself in the interview and get some practise in ahead of the sim check.

Good luck.

flighttime2.0
1st Feb 2005, 12:03
what kind of hours and experience are you guys that have the interview got ?

flighttime

Flying Wigster
2nd Feb 2005, 14:17
Well I'm writing this on notepad first this time, I hate getting bounced when I've finished writing a reply (I'm just too slow a typist).

EAAC is a very friendly interview, they have a good group dynamic, which the other interviewees agree with. There is three of them and it lasts about an hour, it is usually the head of training, the head of simulators and a human resources person. They chat to you and each other as if it is a discussion rather than the normal interogation, so they ellicit alot out of you.

The pilots asked questions like why did you get into flying, what did you think of your training school, what do you fly at the moment, what would you do if a Captain was ignoring SOPs, what would you do if you reported for duty and you smelt alchohol on the Captains breath.

The HR asked what hobbies do you have, describe a nice day you had recently, what does the company do (ACMI, charter and VIP), what bases and aircraft does the company have, who owns the company (Paul Stoddard).

You are told at the end of the interview wether they wish to see you for a sim assessment.

The sim assessment may be on the same day or within a few days, I did mine with three others as it was a sim only day, the others confirmed much of what I said about the interview and hours ranged between 800-2400, all instructors. You start off with a briefing on the B727 and what is to be flown, ask questions if you don't understand. The sim itself was one Captain in the left-hand seat and one operating the sim. There was a SID and initial climb with a some turns, two steep turns 45 degrees AOB, turns onto headings whilst descending to heights, then a STAR followed by an ILS where the Captain takes over for the landing. This was done at Luton but I was told they use a few airports.

Good Luck to you all

King Kenny
3rd Feb 2005, 19:57
Thanks for the post very helpful. Hope the result of the sim ride is positive :ok:

KK

Riker
3rd Feb 2005, 23:52
Are they hiring for the 737-200 or another aircraft? How many newhires expected?

Can someone describe the situation at EAAC now - new management, new contracts, new optimism?

MJR
4th Feb 2005, 09:40
Why didn't I get an interview, can people tell your ugly just from a CV?

Cheers

MJR

King Kenny
12th Feb 2005, 09:43
Some how I managed to not make too much of a fool of myself in the sim, and have been selected for a course in March!!! Believe there is also a course starting monday.

Best of luck to all of those attending the EAAC selection.

KK:cool:

Dougle Mcguire
12th Feb 2005, 11:24
King Kenny! Check your PMs