PDA

View Full Version : Rotorheads Bash in Florida Gulf Region?

SASless
23rd Jan 2005, 13:02
A two man Bash is planned for the Pensacola, Florida area in the next two weeks.....anyone interested in making it a larger affair?:ok:

B Sousa
23rd Jan 2005, 14:02
Sasless. Airfare is cheap come on down to the islands and we can to a BBQ. Lobster/Steak etc.Rum is cheap. We went out and got a bunch of Lobsters yesterday......UUMMMMMM

SASless
23rd Jan 2005, 14:08
Bert,

You are talking to a starving man here....lobster! Boiled three minutes and dipped into melted butter ...piece by piece? Cold rum drinks...like Don Q rum.....and conch fritters? Oh, my...hmmmmm...which airline serves your place? Sunshine, warm clear water....Double Breasted Booby Birds? You must be suffering....sheer misery down there I bet!

:{

The Rotordog
23rd Jan 2005, 18:10
When I lived in St. Thomas in '86, we'd buy bottles of the locally-produced Cruzan Rum for, like, $1.99. Drank that stuff like water (in fact, we weren't even supposed to drink the tapwater in our condo - dang cisterns). Even now, a Coke just doesn't taste the same without being healthily diluted with Virgin Island rum. Ah, the memories...

Hey, I'm with Bert. Drinks and dinner at the Mafolie! I'll buy.

SASless
23rd Jan 2005, 18:58
Rotordog is a wimp....wimp I say. A real helicopter pilot colors his rum with coca-cola. Besides...rum is cheaper than coca-cola...that way your money goes further.

Back when Vieques, PR. had dirt streets, no telephones, and only cistern water....one could do the Sunday cock fight outing....drink large rum drinks for a quarter (0.25 USD to our tea drinking friends) and have a very snoozy day before it was all over. Wake up as the sun was setting and all the action at the arena was over.

imabell
23rd Jan 2005, 21:02
rum on the deck at sebastians, the mamas and the papas playing their yet to be released hits, or a pina colada on the QE2 listening to count basie and frank. memories.

:cool: wish i could be there.

jenwest
24th Jan 2005, 03:30
I'm a little too far south (west palm beach), or I'd be in....and seeing as i'm still paying muy dues as an instructor, it's a weeks salary in gas to drive up there....you guys have me seriously craving a rum & coke right now though!

MD900 Explorer
24th Jan 2005, 03:50
SASLess
Man you havent tasted rum till you have been under the influence of BUNDERBURG RUM. (OP or UP) is of course your choice :E

I am sure the Australaisians here will agree, makes Cruzan Rum and DonQ seem like coca cola :E

Cuzz, if you are out there listening..........get off your raft and input pls..?

MD :{