PDA

View Full Version : Industry standard?

Samsonite
18th Oct 2000, 19:57
Well boys and managers we have heard all about industry standard but have we seen it? It was sure used against us less than 18 months ago but now tables have turned in our industry and is the industry standard salaries going to follow us? Have we seen anyone else in the industry take pay cuts? No not even U.S carrier guys making $300,00 u.s a yr plus pention plus a payout of roughly 1 mill u.s. We are now less than 18 months from the START of out cuts and is anyone else taking pay cuts? Nooooo! B.A,QA, AC and any of the u.s carriers?No but hey not a problem as long as our managers let their Industry standard line come thru on paper not just a term used when the chips were down to give us the cuts and watch everyone else continue to get their raises. Well now us compared to the rest of the industry as far as wages is only getting worse with US carriers taking anywhere from 22%-30% raises which we know most of the world follows's as a bench mark. The thing i really hate is to see this all thrown in our faces published on our INTRACX.Well I am tired of reading about these things but boys don't worry because the industry standard is getting higher.Look at airlines like EMIRATES who right now have around 500 pilots and are looking for 2200 by the end of 2005 and that they have just raised their minimums foe Capt to 6000hrs and wanted it even higher at 8000 hrs but then 3/4's of their capts would have come off the street. They are also going to raise their wages by 20-30% so they know what to do to attract the experienced guys. They are going to raise the wages and conditions but what about our company?Nothing and that is why CX are only getting guys on average for s/o positions except for the freighter comapny. That is a laugh when you see the guys getting hired for those positions posting on here saying get the P1 endorsement and 1000hrs and go where the Industry standard really is. Well guys unless the comapny start living up to their indusrty standard and start giving us an industry standard salary and rostering package then we will be the guys taking our 1000hrs P1 going to places where you actually have some input to your roster and a real salary(can you tell i am B scale)
Cheesecake pls don't confront me about who is getting all these raises as most of us do read INTRACX everyday and it is thrown right in our face.