PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Iran anyone?

Vne98
22nd Jan 2005, 16:20
Just curious if anyone has done any sort of flying in Iran? Any outlook on the pilot market there? I know of IranAir and Kish Air but their hiring practices I am not very familiary with. Anyone who can help please do!

Regards,
Vne98

StressFree
22nd Jan 2005, 17:26
Christ you must be desperate to be looking there................

:sad:

Vne98
22nd Jan 2005, 18:45
Actually that was where I was born and raised until I was 5, I was asking for help not insults.

Fox3snapshot
23rd Jan 2005, 06:20
Having just returned from there and being subjected to the wonderful hospitality of the Iranians, the Kishair crews and Air Traffic folk your comment is nothing less than a narrow minded and uneducated. Time you got out a bit and saw the real world.

:*

Whilst the Iranian aviation market may be reasonably closed and the political environent a little insular, Iran to date is the friendliest country I have ever visited. If things ever did improve for foreign employment I think it would be a great experience.

;)

StressFree
23rd Jan 2005, 08:42
All right gents calm down.....................toys back in prams please.

If Iran is where you want to be then good for you, personally I don't wish to go to a country where builders cranes are used to hang people in public............ But as you say maybe I need to get out a bit....

:}

ironbutt57
23rd Jan 2005, 09:16
maybe a few more countries need to hang people from builder's cranes...thins out the drug trafficking population a bit
:D

Fox3snapshot
23rd Jan 2005, 11:03
Hmmmmm Ok so you want to talk about atrocities, I see the UK has made the headlines recently with prisoner abuse, a nice follow up to the US incidents.

Lets face it the rogues on this planet exist in all forms, but based on a few individuals I don't condemn the whole country based on a few undesirable elements!

:yuk:

Ironbutt57....Have to agree

StressFree
23rd Jan 2005, 13:42
Foxy and Ironbutt,
Fair comments gents, I have to agree with both of you.
I wasn't condemning a whole country but you can't tell me that the governance of Iran is really acceptable in the 21st Century and even though the people may be the kindest and most friendly in the World you cannot ignore the way the place is run; which is why I personally wouldn't consider taking my family there.
Also I'm astonished that you can compare the actions of a few UK soldiers (whose behaviour is a disgrace) and put them along side the atrocities of a regime such as exists in Iran. The prisoner abuse cannot be defended in any way and those responsible should get the harshest punishment but that incident is nowhere near the appalling number of state killings that routinely have taken place in Iran, I'm sure you can appreciate the significant difference between the two............
If in doubt visit the 'Holycrime' website for details of the vast numbers of people who have been executed since the Ayatollah came to power in 1979. And just last week the fatwa (order to kill) against the author Salman Rushdie was re-affirmed. I don't give a damn about him personally but I fully defend his right to express his views in his books without fear of being brutally murdered - its called freedom and its a priviledge I really appreciate and will defend.
So to sum up - whilst I agree that the people may be wonderful (all Iranians I've ever met have been delightful) I couldn't personally exist there. If others want to then thats great for them, I hope they are very happy there.
Vne - I mean you no offence and apologise if any was taken however I'm sure you would agree that your homeland has seen better times..........

Fox3snapshot
23rd Jan 2005, 13:48
Perhaps it was your style, tone and level that drew the reaction it did. Your position is, now, far more understood.

Dixons Cider
23rd Jan 2005, 14:26
I think thats a shootdown there Fox3

Actually, I met a couple of Saudi's the other day that seemed to be pretty friendly good blokes too......

Gotta agree with your man Stressfree and Amnesty International on this one.

StressFree
23rd Jan 2005, 17:41
Foxy,
I'm glad my position is now more understood, maybe my style was erroneous........
What about yours then? What was it that you said of me?

"narrow minded and uneducated; need to get out and see the real World..."

I can tell you with utter certainty that I've been through some of the ****tiest parts of this globe which is why I'm so thankful for my freedoms and lifestyle and so sorry for those that have lost theirs; such as the Iranians.

You've let yourself down with your pompous outburst, at least I've had the balls to properly apologise to Vne for any apparent mis-understanding.......... whilst you hide behind some vacuous BS.

Would you like cream or custard with that slice of humble pie?

:}

Fox3snapshot
23rd Jan 2005, 17:59
If you had have made yourself clear in the first place I certainly would not have made the comments I did, and I obviously read it the same way as Vne98.

And as for eating humble pie, I said I understood now where you are coming from, I didn't say I agree and more to the point couldn't give a flying rats A*$e! You offended people here in the first place so you deserved the response you got.

This will be my last comment on this as you are wasting my precious PPruning time with your feeble attempt at an educated arguement.

Your current location in your profile certainly is appropriate for the origin of your dialogue. And fellow Ppruners before he goes and changes it, it is of course "Uranus!".

:hmm:

StressFree
23rd Jan 2005, 19:39
Foxy,
Pathetic attempt at a recovery, you're well in the wrong and know it. Ego a bit too fragile to actually apologise??

With a name like yours I would have thought you of all people would have known the necessity of positively identifying your target prior to shooting. Seems like you've taken your eye off the ball old boy.

Slating my location gave me a good laugh - havn't heard such a miserable attempt to gain the upper hand since I was at school..... letting yourself down again.

Never mind - as you say this matter is best left as we've both got better things to do.

BTW was it the cream or the custard that you chose?

:hmm: :rolleyes:

Vne98
23rd Jan 2005, 20:50
Wow.:eek:

It was never my intention to make this a political/personal thread.

StressFree I accept your apology and YES you are correct in your comment that Iran is definitely not what it use to be, and I only hope that the human rights of people in my country improve.

Thanks for the info A321Driver, gave me a place to start. Were any of those chaps working for Mahan Air foreigners or were they nationals?

Regards.
Vn98

GLOC
23rd Jan 2005, 20:55
Stressfree, how about you try now to contribute something constructive or go and play out the back with Fox3 in the romper room.

A321 driver, thanks for your feedback. I was looking at some work with Kishair as they now operate MD83's as well.

OK team, back into your corners.

:ouch:

mutt
24th Jan 2005, 03:38
Vne98, out of curiosity, as an emigrant who left the country at the age of 5, are you permitted to return to Iran without doing military service?

Mutt. :)

DenC
24th Jan 2005, 07:11
I have heard from many people that Iranians are very friendly and I also would like to go there if I can get a job. But does anyone know how the chances are for a CPL, MEIR, 450 hours TT-guy? Willing to pay for the typerating ...
There must be some small companys in Iran.
Anyone?

GLOC
24th Jan 2005, 17:59
Howdy there, Kish is still operating the Tu154's, mostly Iranian crew's now too. I was looking at this region (In Saudi at the mo) as I am keen to stay in the sanpit area and avoid tax at all costs! Kish has up to 3 MD83's now. The lads were friendly, had to do a visa run there a year back.

:ok:

mutt
24th Jan 2005, 19:35
GLOC

sanpit area and avoid tax at all costs

Did you happen to look at the national airline? They are rumored to be looking for MD90 Captains.

Mutt.

Vne98
25th Jan 2005, 17:43
mutt

A very good question. In Iran you do have the option to pay your way out of doing military service. How exactly this is done I am not sure as of now.

It seems like there really is no such position available for new CPL pilots around Iran from the replies that I see.

Cheers,
Vne98