PDA

View Full Version : JJ Bales-Smith - a friend from 43 leaves us

fireitup
22nd Jan 2005, 14:46
JJ Bales-Smith sadly passed away on Saturday 22nd Jan in Middelburg.

J was well known in the spraying buisness as an excellent pilot and hard worker, he was working in Middelburg at the time.

The cause of death is still undetermained and an investigation by the SAPS in on-going.

His funeral and memorial service was held in Mossel Bay yesterday with family and close friends, followed by a paddle-out at the Point in Mossels.

All friends who wish to contact the family or would like further details can PM me.

R.I.P J you'll be missed by so many.

Ttailed
23rd Jan 2005, 05:40
JJ RIP OLD BOY. This is very sad news He was a good guy and he will be missed dearly by many friends.

Tt

river-prop
23rd Jan 2005, 08:35
RIP JJ The world wil be a lesser plase with out you!!!!!:(

B Sousa
23rd Jan 2005, 13:58
"The cause of death is still undetermained and an investigation by the SAPS in on-going."

Theres an encouraging bit of imformation with no answer in the future.
Was this an aircraft accident, illness, or the possibility of a criminal act??

janekatzke
24th Jan 2005, 19:25
This is terrible news....

JJ was a great guy and full of life ! Has there been any news on the cause of his death....?

RIP JJ !!!!!!

fireitup
26th Jan 2005, 14:32
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the PM's and good wishes, we all really do appreciate it...

JJ died in a "criminal act" as you put it Bert, due to the circumstances surrounding his death, the SAPS would not like furtheir details revealed until they've finished there inital investigation into the case.

I'll keep all who PM'd me informed as soon as possible.

Thank you all
Fire:ok:

B Sousa
26th Jan 2005, 15:37
Sad to hear the loss of another South African due to a Criminal Act. We have seen a few other Pilots here who have "hung it out flying" just to be called upstairs by some stupid :mad: .
heres hoping the bad guys get it slowly...........

737Playa
6th Mar 2005, 20:44
Hey Fireitup

Is there any more news yet ?
Keep us in the loop !

:suspect:

fireitup
7th Mar 2005, 02:00
hey playing-with-fluff

no news mate, will be home on the 20th March will give you a call when i'm back in town.

fire

Solid Rust Twotter
7th Mar 2005, 03:38
For those in the ballooning fraternity, Arthur Westworth was killed about three weeks ago by armed intruders who walked into his house and shot him dead.

Another good person prematurely gone because of the lack of responsibility shown to it's citizens by this worthless thieving govt.:mad:

737Playa
22nd Oct 2005, 21:41
There must be more news to the story by now !:confused:

MysticFlyer
23rd Oct 2005, 10:28
Sad to hear......of yet another!

Crime figures on the down man, claims the government....B_ll!

They know that it's close to the point where it's ethnic cleansing, but thank goodness, J Selebi is also chief of Interpol....! On what merrits????!!!!!!

This way the crime figures, now "correctly" reported will keep the reflectives from seeking assylum abroad and this way the government keeps the lie going....the ship's afloat!

How many more? It's not getting better, sorry to politicize this thread...only solution - the world needs to know. The land has been liberated, ANC in charge for 10 years already.....what was Peter Mokaba's slogan about the settlers?

Does the ANC government still represent a struggle, do they still represent the oppressed, I say a nice struggle comrades...a democratic government for all?

A prayer for JJ and the loved ones:sad:

fireitup
24th Oct 2005, 13:57
737playa

PM me your email address.