PDA

View Full Version : whats on the mcc ?

flighttime2.0
22nd Jan 2005, 13:20
Hi guy's

I soon hope to be on the jet mcc course with parc aviation. My question is for those that have already been there .
I have a good idea but I would like to hear a more detailed explaniation of exactly is involved in the mcc course .

thanks for any replies flightime 2.0.

Crashlanding
22nd Jan 2005, 13:53
MY MCC was on a king air so there will be some slight differences, but basically you will be introduced into the world of cooperation, proabably also autopilot. Thats basically the most you will learn is how to do your job in cooperation with your fellow pilot, ops staff (becasue when you divert its no longer your choice but more like that of the company to say go here)

But do enjoy your self, its easier than an IR and you should find it a lot less stressfull

flighttime2.0
22nd Jan 2005, 18:07
Crashlanding , im glad to hear its a cource you can actually enjoy ! flighttime

moggiee
22nd Jan 2005, 22:28
You should have 25 hours of groundschool - about half which refreshes the CRM/HF stuff from your ATPL, looks at teamwork, leadership, decision making and crew co-operation theory and the other half of which covers typical SOPs, use of checklists, standard calls, briefings, monitoring and operation of the simulated aeroplane which will be used for the practical training.

The 20 hours of synthetic training ( 5 x 4 hours usually) should cover: general handling, ILS approaches, non-precision approaches, go-arounds, route flying, engine failures before and after V1 and in flight, single engine approaches, general emergency handling and diversion.

The emphasis of the synthetic phase is NOT on flying (the autopilot should be used as much as possible) but on the crew interaction, decision making, monitoring and challenging, situational awareness etc. Also, it should include liaison with cabin crew, company ops etc.

Throw yourself into it, learn the SOPs, keep an open mind and youŽll gain a great deal from it. Don't be fooled by the fact that there is no test - it requires a good deal of effort and application for you to get a "handle" on multicrew ops in such a short time.

flighttime2.0
23rd Jan 2005, 22:12
hay moggie

Thanks for your detailed reply , im more aware of what to expect now ! Flighttime .

moggiee
24th Jan 2005, 09:06
flighttime2.0 - you should enjoy it - just about everyone does. And if you work hard at it you will also learn plenty.

Is it 737 based?

flighttime2.0
24th Jan 2005, 20:56
yeah it is indeed , im looking forward to it . Just gotta find a partener now !

moggiee
24th Jan 2005, 21:24
Well, if you can't find a partner, you can cancel Parc and come to do a nice, cheaper, turboprop MCC with us.

flying paddy
25th Jan 2005, 19:17
hi

I myself am looking to start a MCC course in Feb. Moggiee please pm me with your details. Flighttime I well myself be looking for a partner so please pm me.

Flying Paddy