PDA

View Full Version : Christmas sick-out

Guru
6th Dec 2000, 16:26
As a wannabe trying to get in I just want to show my support to pilots who are defending their livelihoods, for the right reasons as far as I can tell!
I know the possible disruptions would do much harm to the reputation of the airline and possibly the pilots as well, but I'm sure everyone would be more relieved to see the end of the prolonged dispute.

I was hoping to find out more on the meeting on the 5th here but it seems this forum is not used in discussing the matter. Apart from what I can gather from the newspapers are there other sources where I can follow the progress of the negotiations? The AOA site isn't particularly helpful either.

[This message has been edited by Guru (edited 06 December 2000).]

Thrust
7th Dec 2000, 08:58
What Xmas sick out Guru? Thats only been talked about in the media.... NEVER discussed by the members of the HKAOA about this dispute (as yet!). We have decided to call an EGM on the 13th of Dec 2000 to discuss our future direction to resovle outstanding work related issues. Read no more into that than is written.

Good luck with the job process, I hope there is a good one here for you when you pass your selection.

This fight we are involved in is also for anyone thinking of joining Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd in either a ground OR flying role in the future. You can't allow a companies management "team" to ruin your private lives by arbitrarily changing your working conditions (or roster without penalty) because of their lack of management ability. They walk roughshod over all their employees because no one has the "testicular will" to stand up to them. Well the time has come for that stand. It's overdue that HK corporations learnt how to treat the employees as an asset, not as a liability. Enough of this colonial legacy, the slave trade is over.

Guru
7th Dec 2000, 15:58
My apologies, Thrust et al.

I don't want to come across as just fanning you guys on whilst I look on from the outside. I very much want to become a part of the company and I fully understand that, if I get in, the result of this fight will change my future with Cathay.
As I have foolishly demonstrated above I know little of the matter to try and make suggestions so I should limit myself to showing my full support (albeit nothing more than spiritual) to all Cathay pilots who are risking their careers in fighting for the dignity and pride that they deserve.

Checkmate
7th Dec 2000, 18:10
Guru. As I have said before in another post. You seem like a keen young chap, now get back to your studies. Dad is probably paying alot of $$$ for your education, do not waste it under-age browsing.

[This message has been edited by Checkmate (edited 07 December 2000).]