PDA

View Full Version : Dragonair Recruitment

Captain White
16th Oct 2000, 15:40
Gentlemen and Ladies of Dragonair ...

What is the company like ???

Broad I Know but how about info on salaries, conditions, management, Corporate attitude, command time etc etc .....

I would really appreciate some information prior to meeting the delegation at interview !!!

Ta

Jaded
16th Oct 2000, 17:09
Time to command running at about 3 years at the moment has been as low as a year in the past.

Nice people to fly and work with.

Old style management, not enlightened generally bottom line driven.

Flt Ops a little autocratic in it's approach.

Base salary 55k HK$ per month + housing + loss of licence + medical + education + travel fund for HK based crews.

No one knows what the freighter will pay.

Captain White
18th Oct 2000, 14:29
Thankyou very much Jaded !!!

All input appreciated...

BankAngle50
20th Oct 2000, 11:15
What are the realistic experience minimums that one needs to get an interview? I fly a twin otter, have an Oz ATPL---am I worthy???

Jaded
20th Oct 2000, 12:41
Can't recall the stated requirements.
I believe they are published at dragonair.com under job opportuities.

I'd apply anyway, we have a lot of people off light turbo props and the like in the rhs of the 330 and 320.

They settle in well after the initial shock <grin>.

[This message has been edited by Jaded (edited 20 October 2000).]

Tuberider
21st Oct 2000, 00:34
Thanks alot Mr Jaded. I've also got a Dragonair file at present, although when I spoke to Ann Law last week she tells me the minimum is still 500 hrs jet, with Airbus time preferred. I was surprised that there were still guys sitting around like that!

Good to have an idea of the money and stuff though - its pretty hard to find out much about Dragonair re employment condx etc.

I'm curious about these ex turbo prop RHS's. I am a new FO on B 737 300's with 4000 hrs 2000+ turbine, 2 ICAO ATPLs, degree etc etc and have been applying for 7 years to Dragon - and nothing! Whats the magic word one needs to say at Dragon???

Would appreciate any advice - buy you a couple in WAN CHAI if it works!! (Yup spent tiem in HK and still wanna go - am I insane?)

ils07r
21st Oct 2000, 04:07
Bonkers! :) Good Luck mate.

Jaded
21st Oct 2000, 18:37
Well you fell for it!!!!

Jaded
22nd Oct 2000, 03:44
Hi Tube
You just have to keep plugging away.
They are a bit swamped these days.
Keep writing, you hear stories of it taking 3 years for some guys and weeks for others.
Good luck.
Despite all the black humour around they are fun bunch of guys to fly with.

[This message has been edited by Jaded (edited 22 October 2000).]

The Prisoner
23rd Oct 2000, 06:46
If what I read about the demise of Transaer (Ireland)is true, then there will be a supply of A320 rated guys knocking on Ann Laws desk! This is typical of the industry, just as it looks like salarys will have to rise to attract "talent & experience" down goes a repitable carrier.And the Emirates command situation does not help!

Warhawk
24th Oct 2000, 09:06
Hey just when I waa starting to feel good about all this - this Irish A320 co. goes bust! Hope they all get something where they need to be. I love HK but know some don't. Can't imagine dragging an unwilling partner etc down here would be fun!

Just in case the rest of us still have a chance does anyone know what to expect from a Dragonair interview?

Is there any material a'la the CX "how to pass" book around? Or is just the usual 'handling the big jets' book quiz + medical & sim etc.

Any info would be great!

Reverend
24th Oct 2000, 21:38
Anyone hear back from thier initial interviews yet ??? ;)

Captain White
1st Nov 2000, 03:07
No !!!

No reply as yet and has been a while.....

do I feel rejected ??? Hmmmmmmmmm

shimmydamper
5th Nov 2000, 11:40
Hello

I got a Email for further interview+ simride have to go to LGW end November.

S.