PDA

View Full Version : A320 F/O jobs

OPEN DES
21st Jan 2005, 15:47
Hi there
I was just wondering what A320 F/O jobs are available at this moment apart from the ones seen at PPJN, flight international etc.. Will a typical 500h on type be sufficient??
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance!
S.

blueb0y79
21st Jan 2005, 16:23
Hi all

Any replies much appreciated to this topic.... could you also consider those fully qualified pilots (just without type rating) with aroundabouts 300 hours please.

Thanks

Crashlanding
21st Jan 2005, 17:35
From what ive seen so far 500 hrs on type with type rating, = good chance of job.

As for the 300 hours no type (Like me also) afraid the chances rate on the nil side.

Heck I was a sponsered cadet and couldnt get a job with the sponsering airline the conditions are not to faverable for any of us low time chaps.

fastjet2k
23rd Jan 2005, 17:17
Have you tried GB Airways? Not sure what their current requirements are, but its worth sending an email in! I don't think you will be considered at the moment if you don't have a type rating, but either way you have nothing to lose... Good luck

FJ2k

Riker
23rd Jan 2005, 17:48
What about BMED (BA codeshare out of LHR)? Does anyone know if BMED is hiring on the A320/321 now? That would be some interesting flying to the Middle East...

Touch'n'oops
25th Jan 2005, 07:38
Open Des

If you don't mind moving to the Far East, Valuair is looking for guys Type Rated on the A320.

Life out here in Singapore is fantastic. If you want more info PM me.

Touch'n'oops
28th Jan 2005, 11:35
Ladies & Gents

A lot of people have PM'd me on this one.

All I can offer is that Valuair is looking for type rated F/Os and Captains.

I !!!assume!!! that the Singaporian CAAS will expect the pilot to hold a ATPL. If not, the license conversion would not be a straight forward 1 for 1 with Air Law thrown in.

Anything less than an ATPL expect to do all ground exams and two flight tests.

Please can everyone be very aware that I have not gone through this process and my comments are from what I have heard.
I don't want to lead anyone down the garden path.
I surgest you get it from the Horse's mouth.

:suspect: Civil Aviation Authority of Sinagpore website: http://www.caas.gov.sg/ :suspect:

Good Luck All:ok: :ok: :ok: