PDA

View Full Version : CTC Scheme - Is it worth doing

jamestkirk
21st Jan 2005, 15:32
I am waiting to hear from CTC for phase 2.

I have heard the rumours about the bulging pilot pool etc.

I know that any chance of a job is better than none.

Is there anyone out there that has.

1. Recently gone through the process.
2. Found the training/people - helpful/professional.
3. Actually have got a job from it or in the process of.

There are other threads on this, so I do not want to seem like I am going over old ground.

If there are any of you out there who ACTUALLY HAVE experiences of 1-3 above please let me know.

Oh, and any info on phase two would be helpful.

Thanks

JTK

joe
21st Jan 2005, 15:59
Jamestkirk,

The pilot pool is far from bulging if not almost empty if you are talking about the ATP scheme that is.

All the AQC dates are filled for the next few months with the cadets (apart from the odd few places) who are now coming through thick and fast. Not all remember are assigned airlines (white tails ?) so these guys and girls are essentially taking the place of the previously known as ATP scheme pilots.

I think I read on another thread that CTC are not accepting any more applications for the time being so atleast you have got yours in.

As for the scheme. If you make the grade it offers an unrivalled opportunity.

Do not however confuse CTC with a turn up and pass ethos as you could not be further from the mark.

Rgds
Joe

TRon
22nd Jan 2005, 00:04
I think there are plenty of threads covering the questions you have asked, but since you obviously want your hand holding here goes ;)

1. Yes
2. Very
3. Over 400 now, including myself easyJet 737.

I know what you are thinking it is a rip off, why pay for more training? The course in itself is an MCC, I held off from doing an MCC so even if I failed AQC I would get an MCC out of it an 20 more 'Jet' Sim hours. Would have been peeved but not a total loss.

All in all it is an expensive course but when placed you get 2 grand back, so I got an MCC and 737-300/700 & Type rating for 4 grand, (oh and I got the company I was working for to pay for me so I got the tax back....)

There are many that have trodden the path before you, it is not a rip off and once you are there it is a very professional outfit. I would say that though as I passed and they placed me. I am sure you will hear the opposite side of the coin from others who have had a less than desirable experience there, not just CTC ATP cadets. I guess you need to make your own mind up as with everything in the big wide world!

Best of luck and enjoy!

TRon

(edited coz I am an illiterate tw*t)

EGBKFLYER
22nd Jan 2005, 07:17
Is anyone able to elaborate on what Joe posted?

I am also waiting for phase II. I applied in Nov and was told to expect the next stage in 'Spring 2005', whatever that means! The letter gave the reason for the delay as the holding pool being 'almost full'. I'd appreciate any info on how things are for the ATP Scheme and even how long I can expect to wait before an AQC vacancy, assuming I get that far of course...

Lastly, anyone got up to date info on how many the partner airlines are likely to take from ATP - one I know of has cut the numbers down from last year...

joe
22nd Jan 2005, 09:52
EGBKFLYER

Its good news that you have got through to stage 2 but do not use this as an excuse to stop looking elsewhere!!. The time scale can be up to 10 months from initial application to receiving a placement (granted probably alot shorter) but you should still be prepared for this.

At the moment they only run the AQC on the 737-700 with 8 people on each AQC. The course as you should know lasts 3 weeks and with 6 cadets finishing quite regulary (almost every month iI believe) then you can see there is not much space for ATP boys and girls unless they increase numbers per course etc.

Remember don't stop looking untill you have signed on the dotted line.

The AQC is a fantastic course and does in my opinion offer fantastic opportunities.

Good luck

jamestkirk
22nd Jan 2005, 12:16
Thanks everyone.

Apologies for not stating in clearly. I am waiting for the ATP scheme. Not sure what the AQC is.

TRon - If your a girl, feel free to hold my hand. If not, I think i will give it a miss. (not meaning any offence)

Thanks again

WHAT AN INDUSTRY!

JTK

ggpmw
23rd Jan 2005, 08:59
I applied for the AQC (now ATP) scheme in September '04, with a reply of Phase 2 will be in 2/3 months. Last week, received an email confirming dates for Phase 2 Mid/late February '05, not very many places, but luckily, my name is on the list. Then, from a later email, an indicated Phase 3 date, (for the lucky ones) of end Feb '05... an indication perhaps of things beginning to move slightly quicker?

.....I was slightly suprised that no-one else has commented on this latest movement and 'date confirmations',....... or maybe is it that they know better than me :confused: