PDA

View Full Version : 2 1/2 Stripes

BUSDRVR
12th Jan 2001, 04:23
Looking through the latest notice book, J/FO's passing the QL will be given 2.5 stripes and get the title of Relief Pilot.

Later on after you meet Vol 7 requirements you can become Relief Commander and get a a full Three.

Any thoughts as to why the Ranking keeps changing? I Think it would be much easier to give everybody on the 6th floor Five.

Good news is that the pay after a successful QL is still FO Pay.

Remember Relief is the first step to command.

Thrust
12th Jan 2001, 07:31
Now that a relief commander has to pass a dedicated line check, and a recent article by the Airbus fleet manager stated his disapointment at the number of failures on that line check, we should get paid properly for the position we hold.

At present you get paid half a yearly increment extra if you hold an frozen or thawed ATPL. Nothing for passing a relief commanders ground course, sim ride or line check. Nothing for the added responsibility, cr@p rest or reduced job satisfaction.
Don't forget that this soul distroying position saves the company millions of dollars a year. We get nothing except ANOTHER step toward command and the termendous amount of kudos and respect from the fleet office...NOT.

jtr
12th Jan 2001, 17:48
Right on the mark thrust!

satcom
14th Jan 2001, 14:15
Can we deny to be relief commander until close to command ?

Thrust
14th Jan 2001, 14:47
To do so satcom you will need to fail something under the new scheme of things. Any failure in your records will not help in the command selection process to continue to a command course. Any further transgression may result in delayed or even no command course. It's not worth the trouble.

It sucks but that's the way it is. I'd feel better if I was rewarded for the extra responsibility, just like a captain is.