PDA

View Full Version : Hesitation is costly....

water check
11th Jan 2001, 05:57
....for those of us who are contemplating leaving this pathetic excuse for an airline, perhaps this BA pilots story in regards to seniority will help us make a move sooner, rather than later (Emirates interview in a few weeks! :) )

To give you an example of just how important your seniority date can be, someone who joined BA eighteen months ahead of me got his command twelve years before me, whilst someone who joined BA on the same day as me, but was placed below just below me on the seniority list, waited another year for his command. Later, some who joined BA the same day as me waited two years longer to get on my current type. Many pilots in various airlines will have countless similar stories.

had_enough
11th Jan 2001, 15:20
Unfortunately, many of the young guys now don't appreciate seniority - many say, I'll do five years, save a bit of cash, get the jet/widebody hours, then move on - can be too late.

Hare and the .....

Hot Wings
13th Jan 2001, 20:46
Well said Water Check and had_enough.

I left CX for BA 3 years ago and it was the best move I ever made. With 200+ retirements per year and the 200+ pilots joining from CFE, if you don't get to BA within a couple of years you won't see a decent command before you retire.

Seniority means going where you want, when you want, on the fleet that you want. Don't hesitate if you're thinking of joining.

NB. One ex-CX FO got his command within 18 months of joining BA.