View Full Version : MyTravel Starters in 2005

MrHorgy
20th Jan 2005, 17:49
This is a long shot, but is any reader out there on the MYT seasonal bench for 2005? I'm a Leeds resident and would be lookin for a car share maybe up to Cheadle for training, does anyone wanna come with and split fuel?

Has anyone else that's done the seasonal thing for MYT been given a permanent contract? What's the chances?

And lastly, has any knowledgable person got an indication what type I might be on? :D

Horgy

TenAndie
21st Jan 2005, 11:04
MyTravel are not flying from Leeds anymore so you would be flying from Manchester. They are operting some 'W' flights including LBA and Humberside and thats about it.

Have you flown for MYT before ??

Sorry, i didn\'t read all your post.

You will be flying from Manchester or East Midlands on a seasonal contract.

Money is good as far as Cabin Crew go.

You will be on an A320. 180 pax max and 4/5 crew, short haul.

The chances of employment after the season are virtually nil. The only thing they may do is offer you a chance to come back next summer.

You will have a good time though and its worth the experience.

Good Luck.

Rachie
21st Jan 2005, 20:12
Sorry..I don't understand.. where are you flying from :confused:

ETA - ok so no response seems to be the reply

I'll just assume you'll be flying from Manchester and I'll see you at the end of March for training :ok:

chang
26th Jan 2005, 09:32
Mytravel will not be giving any permanent contracts out at the end of the summer as they are in no financial situation to do so. They got rid of so many permanent staff at the end of 2004 and sacked all the temps.
The whole thing is a shamble and the flights hardly ever go on time or problem free.
Probably be put on A320, 321 and 757.

G-BBAE
26th Jan 2005, 09:42
Air Atlanta are rumoured to take over MYT so that maybe a fresh start from them.
Also has anyone noticed the problems started when they changed from Airtours to MyTravel.
About 10 years ago they were a great success and looked promosing with their fleet of md83s, a320s and 757s.

crewboi83
26th Jan 2005, 13:06
Chang..... as an X employee of MYT I can honestly say at my base I can count on eone hand the amount of Delays we have taken over the last 3 seasons. Very good OTP at my base! Not always a shambles either.... infact everything ran like clock work 9times out of 10!

mytdc10
26th Jan 2005, 13:22
If you are going to be Manchester based there is a very good chance you will be on the A330 Long Haul, hope you enjoy your time at MYT despite all the slagging off it gets its a great place to work (most of the time)

Big Tudor
27th Jan 2005, 12:06
G-BBAE Also has anyone noticed the problems started when they changed from Airtours to MyTravel.
So why did they acquire the nickname Scaretours? Why was the average delay in the last year as Airtours 54 minutes? Why are a lot of the financial irregularities attributed to procedures that were in place whilst the group was still Airtours? Oh yes, Airtours was such a fantastic brand name. So good in fact that David Crossland had his own parking place at the BBC for every time he was required to appear on Watchdog!

chang perhaps you would care to back up your comment on contracts with a source? If there are any permanent positions available then they will be offered. If there arenīt they won't. Simple economics really.

MrHorgy
22nd Feb 2005, 13:33
If you are going to be Manchester based there is a very good chance you will be on the A330 Long Haul, hope you enjoy your time at MYT despite all the slagging off it gets its a great place to work (most of the time)

RAH! I'm in a good mood now - which takes a lot, i'm still stuck in my dingy call centre. Roll on March 27th!

Any other takers for MAN training at end of Mar? Heard anything else yet other than contracts?

Horgy

Rachie
22nd Feb 2005, 14:38
Yeah me - but you know that already :p

are you moving to Manchester Mr Horgy? If my memory serves me right you're in leeds?