PDA

View Full Version : How To Convert Faa In Tanzania

RICCARDOVOLANTE
20th Jan 2005, 15:01
II have some job offers in Tanzania.I would like to know how to convert my FAA ATPL in Tanzania Licence. Any one can help me in that ?
Thanks
RiccardoVolante:= :sad: :sad: := :=

Captain Pheremone
20th Jan 2005, 20:18
I went across there about 5 years ago with a South African ATP. Contacted there local CAA and had to write their Air Law exam. They then issued a validated Tanzanian Licence and away I went.

Must take original licence and logbook with. I never got a work permit but only stayed there 2 months. Check on that!!!!

If you have a choice of places to stay try and get out of the town. Hotel - Sea Cliff is about the best.

ShenziRubani
20th Jan 2005, 20:21
Riccardo, you gotta see that with your future employer. They arrange that when you arrive on the ground, even if you pay for it (most will pay the conversion after you succesfully pass the tests).
Convertion is easy, you need to pass a wrtien exam and get a check-ride (by a TCAA certified pilot).

RICCARDOVOLANTE
21st Jan 2005, 06:27
Thank you Guys for all your info.I wiil keep note of it and hoping will be back in Tanzania soon.
Thanks

cpt hamna sheeda
21st Jan 2005, 14:52
Is Mr Mwakuliku still the man to talk to??

406pilot
21st Jan 2005, 16:19
oh for gods sake like we didn't have enough wazungu's in the country as it is....

no more 406pilot

ps:mr.mwakaliku has retired a few years ago