PDA

View Full Version : Cabair.....................................

tinmouse
20th Jan 2005, 11:29
Anyone any comments on CABAIR for ATPL training, Integrated full time or Modular.
If you have, or are training with CABAIR let me know how you are getting on; training, accommodation, etc.

Everyone is so helpfull on this site! So thanks in advance.

TINMOUSE

Jinkster
20th Jan 2005, 18:58
Give me a few days..but modular way for me and they've been brilliant to be honest.

I'm licenced (PPL) so been able to do ferrys (flying for free school to school)for the company.

HandspringGuy
21st Jan 2005, 08:56
Hey Tinmouse,

Check previous posts in this section. There is a lot of info on Cranfield and CCAT but here is my opinion:

Accommodation-
Start at Lanchester Hall. It's a good place to meet other students and the facilities are adequate. After you have finished your JARs look for a place in the village and save a fortune on rent. You will always find adverts around the campus or on the Social Club notice board.

Training
This is a tricky one. Ground school at Cabair is second to none and I recommend it wholeheartedly but Flight school has a lot of factors to consider (the weather, aircraft availability, instructors, etc). All of the flying instructors are excellent, however their resources are usually stretched and you may find yourself sitting around getting frustrated a lot of the time....and the management have a very big book of excuses. If you do decide to do the Integrated course, make sure (and I can't stress this enough) that you get an end-date written into your contract. If you do this I would recommend the Integrated option.

Hope this helps and if you want to PM me feel free.

HG :ok: